This is it! The Engadget reader meetup / holiday party is happening tonight in New York City! All of the information you need is below, but we'd like to stress a few points:
- The venue capacity has a limit, so make sure you get there early, and plan to wait in a bit of a line.
- It is snowing like crazy in New York -- so please bundle up and come prepared for the elements! We'll do everything we can to move people inside as quickly as possible, and there's a coat check at the venue for your heavier gear.
- Bring your ID! Without it, you can't get in!
- We're giving away tens of thousands of dollars in gear! Including...
- SanDisk 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB microSD cards for the first 200 people through the door!
- Free food, and free drink tickets for the first 500 people
- Live Q&A session with Engadget editors
- Music for the evening will be provided by Justin VanDerVolgen (of !!! and Outhud)
- The event is 18 TO ENTER / 21 TO DRINK, AND YOU MUST BRING AN ID. ADMISSION IS FREE. Sorry younger readers, but we'll do a follow-up all ages event soon!
- The venue capacity tops out at a tiny bit over 1000, so you if you're coming, be sure to get there early!
When: Friday, December 19th, 7:00PM to 12:00AM
Where: Hiro Ballroom, 371 W. 16th St., New York, NY. 10011
You can discuss plans for the event on Facebook here.
For media interested in attending, please ping us at: nycreadermeetup [at] gmail [dot] com
Note: space for media is very limited as this is a reader event. Readers, you're all set -- no need to email us.