Many websites and services offer great mobile versions without being packaged in an App Store application. If you want to be able to quickly access these sites from your home screen, follow these steps:
- Launch Safari on your iPhone
- Browse to a desired mobile site (most sites will automatically redirect you to the mobile version once they determine that you're using an iPhone)
- Click the Favorites (+) button at the bottom of Safari
- Click "Add to Home Screen"
- Type a name for the icon that will appear on your home screen
- Click the "Add" button