Episode 7 of Blizzcast, Blizzard's official podcast, came out this afternoon; it's been a couple of months since the last episode. This time, they did a little bit of a "WotLK Wrap-Up" with J. Allen Brack and Jeff Kaplan, as well as some chatting with Chris Metzen, the creative head, about what's been going on in various aspects of the story. Here are the parts I found most interesting:
- When the development on the original WoW was getting wrapped up, Outland and Northrend were both in the running for the first expansion. They decided the timing was better to do Outland first.
- There were three front runners for the hero class to appear in LK:
- Necromancer, a ranged caster with corpse explode and such. Some of this ended up getting incorporated into Death Knight
- Rune master: "think rogue or monk type character"
- And, of course, Death Knight.
- JAB thinks "the first month has really validated that decision" to go with 10- and 25-man raiding.