Class changes so far:
- Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.
- Discipline has access to a new talent, Power Word: Barrier. (Think of it as Power Word: Shield for your whole group).
- Several area of effect (AOE) heal spells have been improved: Prayer of Healing can be cast on any groups in your raid party. Holy Nova's mana cost has been reduced. Circle of Healing now heals for more.
- Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.
- Penance – this spell can now be targeted on the priest.
- Serendipity – this talent now reduces the cast time of Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing when Binding Heal or Flash Heal are cast.
- We are also working to give Holy additional PvP utility.
- Hunger for Blood – instead of a self-buff, this ability can only be used when there is a bleed effect on the target. However, it has no stacks and grants a 15% damage bonus.
- Adrenaline Rush – the cooldown on this ability has been lowered.
- Lightning Reflexes – reduced to 3 ranks. In addition to 2/4/6% dodge, this talent now also grants 4/7/10% passive melee haste.
- Killing Spree – while this ability is active, the rogue does 20% additional damage.
- Savage Combat – now causes 2/4% physical damage done.
- Mace Specialization – this talent now grants haste in addition to armor penetration.
- Chain Lightning – now jumps to 4 targets but does less damage. We wanted to make the distinction between Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning more clear.
- Storm, Earth and Fire – this talent now increases all damage done by Flame Shock, not just periodic damage.
- Spirit Weapons – now reduces all threat, not just melee threat.
- Unleashed Rage – reduced to 2 ranks, now also increases your critical strike chance with melee attacks by 1/2%.
- Totem streamlining: The Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems have been combined. The Disease Cleansing and Poison Cleansing Totems have been combined.
- We are also working on giving Enhancement and Elemental more PvP utility.
Warrior, Hunter, Paladin, Mage, Warlock, Druid, and DK changes soon. We'll keep you updated! Who's pumped?
Patch 3.1 brings us Ulduar, dual specs, significant changes to all the classes, and more! We've got you covered from top to bottom with our Guide to Patch 3.1.