Every weekend (well, almost every weekend), Addon Spotlight takes a look at the little bits of Lua and XML that make our interfaces special. From bar mods to unit frames and beyond, if it goes in your Addons folder, we'll cover it here.
Mounts and vanity pets are a bigger part of many people's WoW than ever before. They don't take up any space in our bags (yay!), there are achievements for them (meh!), and there are a lot of cool ones to find (even if the raven mount keeps eluding me and the rest of my guildies). However, Blizzard's interface for these summonable beasts leaves a lot to be desired.
Livestock is here to fill that gap. It aims to handle all your vanity-pet and mount related needs, with the following features:
- Buttons to choose a pet or mount to summon
- Buttons to summon a random pet or mount
- Can ensure that you always have a pet out (i.e. resummon on zoning in to an instance, ressing, etc.)
- "Smart mount" feature to choose flying/ground mounts as appropriate
- Keybindings for all important function
This last feature is the one that makes it viable for me; if I have to click to mount up, I'm not going to use your mod.