In product shootouts between the iPhone and other smartphones, the iPhone usually gets dinged for not having voice dialing built in (although you can get around that with services like Jott). Vocalia, from Creaceed, is a voice-recognition dialing app that has been around for about six months.
Vocalia (click opens iTunes) displays a HAL9000-like glowing "eye" after being launched. When the eye appears, speak the name of a contact you wish to call. Vocalia analyzes your speech, then displays the closest matches to what you said. If there's more than one contact listed, you then speak the number next to the correct one. Are there multiple phone numbers for a contact? Just say "home", "mobile", "work" or whatever to dial.
Creaceed and TUAW would like to give away seven free promo codes for Vocalia.What do you need to do to enter? Just leave a comment on who you'd like to dial using Vocalia. Good luck, and we look forward to seeing your creative answers!
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older. (Sorry, we know our international readers want to participate, but promo codes don't transfer outside the US.)
- To enter leave a comment telling us what person you'd like to call using Vocalia.
- The comment must be left before February 28, 11:59PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Seven winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prize: Promo code for free copy of Vocalia for iPhone (US$3.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.