From the armor side of things, the Robes of the Umbral Brute smells largely of Discipline Priest fashion. This is an item that drops off of Kologarn which I had the pleasure of trying out. Tailors have access to a boots recipe called Savior's Slippers. It's a BoE pair of boots that requires 20 Moonshroud and 6 Runed Orb. I'm taking a stab in the dark in thinking that the Orbs will drop inside Ulduar. They would be similar crafting reagents to what Nether Vortexes were back during Burning Crusade for Tempest Keep and Serpentshrine Cavern. Holy Priests looking for a new pair of gloves and shoulders may like the Handwraps of Plentiful Recovery and Mantle of the Unknowing (Kologarn 25 and General Vezax).
For accessories, there's a neck piece that you can upgrade into called the Unblinking Eye (drops from Iron Council 25). That'll be heavily favoured by Holy Priests. In the ring section, there's the Radiant Seal (also from Iron Council 25) which has haste and MP5 with no Spirit at all.
But what about the badge gear? The new Emblems of Conquest offer another route for Priests looking to augment their characters further. Check out the Sash of Potent Incantations for 23 emblems if you're looking to upgrade that. For those that may wish to break out of their tier sets, give Legwraps of the Master Conjurer a try. It will only set you back a cool 32 emblems. Healing Priests may wish to stay away from the Touch of the Occult since it seems to increase damage only (Shadow Priests by contrast will love it).
There's a couple of emblem necks that will appeal to all Priests:
The necks require 16 emblems each. The Charm looks catered towards Holy Priests whereas the Frozen Tear is of more value to Discipline Priests.
Val'anyr's secondary ability has been leaked. I wrote about it briefly before but my current stance is that it appears to favor Paladins and Disc Priests.
Val'anyr Hammer of Ancient Kings - Equip Effect -- Your healing spells have a chance to cause Blessing of Ancient Kings for 15 seconds allowing your heals to shield the target absorbing damage equal to 15% of the amount healed.
Ghostcrawler mentioned that the dev team is still working on hymns for the future. Last year on April first, they introduced the "bard" class. Seems like Priests are taking a slight deviation towards being a singing class. I've never thought of my class as a singer. But hey, anything can happen! I can see Hymns being a new subset of skills for Priests that are accessible by every spec. It wouldn't be anything more than specialized spells or buffs. So with that in mind, here's a list of Hymns I'd like to see introduced for Priests that will never ever happen.
- Hymn of Terror: You recite a Hymn really off key sending up to 3 nearby enemies into opposite directions of you.
- Hymn of Serenity: You recite a Hymn that causes 6 nearby targets to fall asleep (friends or enemies). They are invulnerable for 3 seconds and cannot take any actions or move.
- Hymn of Kings: You recite a Hymn that increases stats of friendly targets by 10% within 80 yards. This effect wears off after 15 minutes. Does not stack with Kings.
- Hymn of Power: You recite a Holy Hymn that sends a destructive shockwave directly in front of the Priest deal 800-950 damage. The force of this Hymn is enough to knock players to the ground.
- Hymn of Recall: You recite a Hymn that brings memories of home. Returns you to your home location. Speak to an Innkeepers in a different place to change your home location. (1 hour cooldown)
- Hymn of Protection: You recite a Hymn that reduces all incoming damage to you and your party by 45% for 10 seconds or until the Priest takes damage.
What hymns would you like to see added to the game for the Priest class? What do you think of the spellpower gear that's currently available (and what will you be gunning for)?
Want to find more great tips for carrying out your Priestly duties? Spiritual Guidance
has you covered with all there is to know! And don't forget to check out our other Leveling Guides
as well as our Wrath Guides and Galleries