What you see all the time (in the first screenshot at the top of the post):
- Unit Frames: Pitbull - The most customizable unit frames I know of, and an old favorite of mine.
- Action Bars (below that): Bartender4 - Another old favorite, and as much as I could ask for in an action bar mod.
- Action Bar (bottom right): Autobar - Takes care of all the random consumables I'm too lazy to put on my bars myself.
- Info Text (bottom center, top left, and around minimap): SLData Text - Not maintained much any more, but it's simple and it works.
- Minimap: Chinchilla - Does everything I could want in a minimap mod, including moving miscellaneous things like the capture bar to where I want them.
- Buffs: Bison - Takes up less screen space than Elkano, and looks pretty nice.
- Chat: PhanxChat - Doesn't do timestamps, but does everything else.
- Button Skinning: ButtonFacade (Xyrr) - Ooh, shiny.
- Font: Fontain (Arial Narrow) - I like my fonts consistent, and this works better for me than Clearfont.
What you see in raids (and battlegrounds, like in the screenshot above):
- Raid Frames: Grid, with GridStatusHots - My raid frame of choice. The squares in the corners are my four different hots.
- Combat Text: Mik's Scrolling Battle Text - It goes in front of my timers, but I can't think of another place for it. I switched around with combat text mods and eventually settled on this, after others broke.
- Timers: ClassTimer - Very easy to configure, and adding custom timers couldn't be more simple.
- Cast Bar (between player frame and target frame): Quartz - I still haven't found a replacement for this. Maybe it's because it just works so well.
- Cooldown Timers: OmniCC (not in screenshot) - Puts the information right where you'd think to look for it.
- Raid Warnings: BigWigs - An old favorite. Is it better than the competition? I don't really care.
What you don't see most of the time:
- Atlasloot - Who doesn't have this?
- AuctionMaster - I replaced auctioneer with this a month or two ago, and am very happy with it.
- Badboy - Blocks all gold spam. All of it.
- Bagnon - Another old favorite: I can't bear to leave this mod, especially because it still works as well as ever.
- BankStack - Sorts my bags, bank, and guild bank, and does it a lot faster than the old MrPlow.
- Butsu - A nicer-looking loot frame.
- Cartographer - The map mod of champions.
- DrDamage - Puts all sorts of spell info in spell tooltips, like how much healing a spell will actually do, it's healing per mana, the benefit of an extra 1% crit... useful for theorycrafting.
- FishingAce - Right-click fish casting!
- Friends With Benefits - Synchronizes friends between alts and mains.
- GnakedGnome - Puts a button on the try-it-on window to undress your character. I like to see what things look like without my gear getting in the way.
- GoGoMount - One-button random mounting.
- ImprovedErrorFrame - Takes your error messages and sticks them in a minimap button. Very convenient.
- kgPanels - Makes my UI look pretty, with a little effort.
- Lightheaded - This, with Cartographer_QuestInfo, makes questing a breeze.
- OPie - A genius addon. Press a button, and up pops a wheel of my buffs or tradeskills or quest items. Both useful and stylish!
- PhoenixTooltip - Changes the green "On equip" text on item tooltips to be more like the white text. For example, "Equip: Increases spell power by 59." becomes "+59 Spellpower"
- Postal - Masterfully manages my mail.
- Ratingbuster - converts ratings to percentages, and does item comparison too.
- Recount - The popular damage meter at present.
- Talented - Puts the talent window into one big nice-looking frame and saves specs for easy switching.
- teksloot - A nicer-looking (and movable) roll window.
- TipTac - Does everything I want in a tooltip mod.
- Unitprice - Shows price per item on the auction house.
- VisualThemes - Does cool minimizing effects when opening and closing windows. It hasn't been updated in ages, so it gives me an error every time I launch WoW. But it works, and that's why I have ImprovedErrorFrame!
- TradeSkill HD - Makes the tradeskill window twice as wide, and much more legible.
Interested in getting the most out of your user interface
? Check back once a week for more examples of reader UIs
! Or for more details on individual addons, check out AddOn Spotlight