Mortal Online is the next MMO title on the way that will cater to the hardcore fantasy PvP niche, which is currently filled for some gamers by Darkfall Online. The Mortal Online developers, Star Vault, announced that two beta players were given permission to write "Combat Beta" reviews of the PvP-centric title, which can now be found on the game's official forums. One was written by Mortal Online player Lachrymose which looked at character creation, melee and ranged combat, while the other review by Shinzon looked at crafting and the game environment, as well as combat.
That caught our attention and we think the reviews are worth a look, but the real news here is about the Mortal Online limited edition we mentioned recently -- there are only 999 copies of the limited edition which will go on sale on June 29th in the Mortal Online Game Store. Here's what you'll get with the limited edition:
- Everything in a printed jute bag
- Numbered and embossed metal box
- Collector's figurine: Draconigena Knight
- Collector's figurine: Thursar Barbarian
- Mortal Online journal with 24 concept art pages and poster
- Free shipment of all pre-launch updates on DVD
- Digital Download access
- Free access to 'Block A' beta
- "Free future digital updates and expansions"
- One month of game time (after the Q4 launch)