Two Bosses Enter ... but only One Boss Leaves, in WoW.com's series of fantasy death matches. This season's bosses come from the five-man instances of Wrath of the Lich King.
We've witnessed some pretty strange matchups during the first round of the Wrath five-man boss season of Two Bosses Enter, One Boss Leaves. We think the first bracket has successfully set the baseline: it's not who wins or loses – it's how they play the game. You folks out there in the stands have been great. We've evolved beyond lame comments droning on about "X is a boss?!? HAHAHA Y wins, my group beats X every time," to recent battles, with truly captivating scenarios such as Bobobe's ironic twist at the end of last week's Anub'Arak versus Elder Nadox battle.
For the final match of this season's first bracket of battles, we present to you another unusual (even in TBE's terms) scenario featuring two bosses that are probably among players most dreaded bosses: Ley-Guardian Eregos of The Oculus versus Loken from the Halls of Lightning. Yeah, yeah, we know ... the Drakes ... Come on, you didn't really think we were going to perch Loken atop one Super-Drake with all the abilities, did you? It's a fantasy series! Loosen up your deathgrip on those Drake reins, and let's look at this week's ground rules.
- The Drakes are out. Poof – gone.
- Assume that Eregos and Loken share similar levels, health pools and comparative overall damage output.
- Do me a favor and read the previous bullet point again, please?
- This deathmatch takes place in neutral territory.
- Ley-Guardian Eregos will be able to summon his Whelps.
- Gameplay mechanics are significantly different here, since we have no Drakes. Don't worry about what actual players and Drakes might do in the encounter; they're not here.
- Focus on the three S's: style, story and scale.