The Engadget Show gets underway this coming Sunday, September 13th, in New York City, and we're super excited to announce that the first person we'll be sitting down with for a one-on-one conversation is Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein! Between the recent launch of the Pixi, the introduction Pre and webOS, and all the other hubbub surrounding the company, we think it will be quite an interesting chat.
The show -- which will be a mix of one-on-one interviews, roundtable discussions, short video segments, and live music -- will take place at the Tishman Auditorium at Parsons The New School for Design. The Show will be filmed live once a month -- but if you can't make it, don't worry. We'll be bringing the full video back home to Engadget (and as a free download in the iTunes Store, Zune Marketplace, etc.) for your viewing pleasure. The full show should be online just a few days after we tape!
The beautiful venue (which you can see in a photo after the break) is located at 66 W. 12th Street between 5th and 6th Aves. Seating is limited and tickets will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis -- which means if you want to join us in the audience for the show, you'll have to arrive early and be prepared for a little wait.
Here are the facts you need to know about the show:
- The show is graciously sponsored by Nokia, and hosted by Parsons The New School for Design
- Bit Shifter (one of our favorite chiptune artists) will be playing live at the first show!
- The total show length will be around an hour
Here is what you need to know if you want to be part of the audience:
- There is no admission fee -- tickets are completely free
- The event is all ages
- The venue seats just over 450 people
- Parsons students are welcomed, and we encourage them to come!
- Tickets will be available for pickup at the Tishman Auditorium at 2PM on the 13th, and we're strongly encouraging people to get their tickets and not stand in line -- if you have a ticket, you'll have a seat!
- You cannot pick up tickets for other people -- if you want your friend to get a ticket, bring your friend!
- The show begins at 5PM, and doors will open at 4:30PM
If you're a member of the media who wishes to attend, please contact us at: email@example.com, and we'll try to accommodate you. All other non-media questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.