Today is release day for VMware Fusion 3.0. The app has more than 50 new enhancements including:
- Support for both 32-bit and 64-bit Snow Leopard kernels.
- Integrated Migration Assistant guides you through migrating from the PC to a virtual machine.
- First virtualization product to support for Windows Aero, including Flip 3D and Aero Peek.
- Support for DirectX 9.0EX with OpenGL 1.4 with new WDDM graphics driver.
- Greatly reduced memory usage when using Windows Vista and Windows 7 virtual machines and newly created Windows XP virtual machines
- Faster disk and graphics performance on Snow Leopard.
- Banish the Start Menu with Always-on Applications Menu on the Mac menu bar.
- Access to Windows taskbar tray items in Unity view in the Mac menu bar.
- Run 3D games and play 1080p video in Unity view.
Stay tuned for more info as we get that sorted out, and hopefully your upgrade experience will be better.