Wow. We had a ton of original features this week and it doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon. Let's take a look at what transpired on Big Download in the past seven days:
- Reviews: We give our final verdicts to Tropico 3 , Eufloria and Cities XL along with impressions of the Left 4 Dead 2 PC demo
- Orson Scott Card Interview: The best selling novelist talks about his love of games and reveals a dream game project he would like to make.
- Natural Selection 2 Interview: We chat with Unknown Worlds about their upcoming and long awaited FPS-RTS game on the occasion of the release of the game's first screenshots.
- Guide to Team Fortress 2 Scarechievements: Valve released a new Halloween themed update to Team Fortress 2 and we have the skinny on the five new achievements added to the game.
- How 10 US cities would fare in the zombie apocalypse: Left 4 Dead 2 is set in New Orleans, but what if it was set in other major metropolitan areas? We speculate on what might happen.
- An Open Letter to Infinity Ward: We give the Modern Warfare 2 developer our feelings on how we think the PC community has been marginalized by their recent actions.
- The Top 10 PC Game News Stories for October 2009: We look back in the past 31 days for the big stories that affected the PC game industry.
- Mac Monday: Our weekly Mac game feature this week looks at two titles: Grappling Hook and The Three Musketeers.
- Playing for Free: Our latest look at a free-to-play online game is with the RPG La Tale.
- Boot Disk: Our latest retro PC game column takes a look at the FPS title Uprising.
- Big Ideas: Our weekly look at game themes checks out if games are less challenging now than they were in the past.
- All You Need to Know: Our latest 411 article on upcoming games gives all the info on EA's WWII action game The Saboteur.
- Freeware Friday: Our popular weekly look at free PC games checks out the odd platformer We Want YOU!.