Sharing is Caring (Alliance) and Sharing is Caring (Horde)
As with "FOOD FIGHT!", this is an achievement done while seated at a Bountiful Table. When you sit down at, say, the Stuffing Chair, the first option that pops up on the vehicle UI is passing the stuffing. Take a seat at each of the 5 chairs at a table, pass each dish, and voila -- achievement.
Now We're Cookin' (Alliance) and Now We're Cookin' (Horde)
This requires you to cook 5 different (and new) holiday recipes, but in order to do all 5, you will need to have at least 280 Cooking. If you don't have that, you can easily get to 280 using just the holiday recipes (the first of which, Spice Bread Stuffing, requires only 1 Cooking and can be made with ingredients purchased at any Pilgrim's Bounty vendor). You have an additional reason to get to 280 Cooking as quickly as possible -- you'll need all five of these food items as turn-ins (in quantities of 20) for the holiday's daily quests. While the dailies don't require you to have cooked the food items yourself, not having to depend on someone else will obviously make this easier and faster.
First things first. You can get the recipes you'll need from a single book sold by all Pilgrim's Bounty vendors. The book is called the Bountiful Cookbook and requires only 1 Cooking in order to use. Right-click it once it's in your inventory, and it'll give you all 5 recipes you need.
The recipes you'll need to cook are:
- Candied Sweet Potato (requires 220 Cooking): 1 Teldrassil Sweet Potato (Alliance, purchased from the Darnassus vendor) or Mulgore Sweet Potato (Horde, purchased from the Thunder Bluff vendor), plus 1 Honey and 1 Autumnal Herbs.
- Cranberry Chutney (requires 160 Cooking): 1 Tangy Wetland Cranberries (Alliance, purchased from the Ironforge vendor) or Tangy Southfury Cranberries (Horde, purchased from the Orgrimmar vendor), plus 1 Honey.
- Pumpkin Pie (requires 100 Cooking): 1 Ripe Elwynn Pumpkin (Alliance, purchased from the Stormwind vendor) or Ripe Tirisfal Pumpkin (Horde, purchased from the Undercity vendor), plus 1 Honey.
- Slow-Roasted Turkey (requires 280 Cooking): For this recipe, you'll need to make a trip to Elwynn Forest or Tirisfal Glades in order to get Wild Turkey, which is a 100% drop off the Wild Turkey mobs that will spawn there for the duration of the holiday. 1 Wild Turkey per recipe, plus 2 Honey and 1 Autumnal Herbs.
- Spice Bread Stuffing (requires 1 Cooking): This one is the only recipe that uses an existing Cooking recipe, but fortunately for us, it's a very early one -- 1 Spice Bread plus 1 Autumnal Herbs.
While you're out stocking up on Wild Turkeys for achievements, you might as well do --
The Turkinator (Alliance) and The Turkinator (Horde)
Tons of Wild Turkey mobs with 2 health each spawn in both Elwynn Forest and Tirisfal Glades during the holiday, and each time you kill one, you'll get a 30-second buff named Turkey Tracker that stacks. You'll need to kill 40 turkeys without letting this buff drop, so you have 30 seconds from killing your last turkey to find and kill another one. Lather, rinse, repeat until you've amassed 40 kills.
Sound hard? Not really. There are a million turkeys all over the zones and they respawn quickly. In Tirisfal I was able to manage this by circling Brightwater Lake once, but even if you don't work with a set path, you can make it slightly easier by making a /tar Wild Turkey macro and just spamming it. Nearby turkeys will light up, head toward them, and just keep at it until you've got 40.Pilgrim's Progress (Alliance) and Pilgrim's Progress (Horde)
As a recovering academic, I approve of this achievement title
. The achievement is fairly simple; complete all 5 of the holiday's daily quests, which will be offered by Pilgrim's Bounty NPCs located in your faction's "classic" cities (Stormwind, Ironforge, and Darnassus for Alliance: Thunder Bluff, Orgrimmar, and Undercity for Horde). All 5 can be completed in one day, so if you don't have a lot of time over the week that Pilgrim's Bounty is running, just budget about half an hour on a good day, and you're all set.For Alliance, the quest links are as follows
For Horde, the quest links are as follows
- Can't Get Enough Turkey: Bring 20 Slow-Roasted Turkeys to Caitrin Ironkettle outside Ironforge.
- Don't Forget the Stuffing!: Bring 20 Spice Bread Stuffing to Caitrin Ironkettle outside Ironforge.
- Easy As Pie: Bring 20 pieces of Pumpkin Pie to Mary Allerton outside the gates of Darnassus.
- She Says Potato: Bring 20 Candied Sweet Potatoes to Jasper Moore outside Stormwind.
- We're Out of Cranberry Chutney Again?: Bring 20 servings of Cranberry Chutney to Ellen Moore outside Stormwind.
Pilgrim's Paunch (Alliance) and Pilgrim's Paunch (Horde)
- Can't Get Enough Turkey: Bring 20 Slow-Roasted Turkeys to Ondani Greatmill outside Orgrimmar.
- Don't Forget the Stuffing!: Bring 20 Spice Bread Stuffing to Ondani Greatmill outside Orgrimmar.
- Easy As Pie: Bring 20 pieces of Pumpkin Pie to Marhara Goldwheat outside Thunder Bluff.
- She Says Potato: Bring 20 Candied Sweet Potatoes to William Mullins in Undercity's courtyard.
- We're Out of Cranberry Chutney Again?: Bring 20 servings of Cranberry Chutney to Roberta Carter in Undercity's courtyard.
At a Bountiful Table around each capital city, you need to stuff yourself silly on each holiday dish -- turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, pie, and cranberry chutney. The Spirit of Sharing
buff is gained when you eat all five dishes. So for this achievement, all you have to do is run to each of your faction's cities, park yourself at each of the 5 chairs on a Bountiful Table (or pester other people at the chairs to pass you dishes), and gorge your way to the Spirit of Sharing buff. Lather, rinse, and repeat until you've got all four cities done.
Spirit of Sharing is one of the more interesting holiday buffs that Blizzard's programmed -- a 10% bonus to all reputation gains for an hour -- and it's also fairly easy to get. If you're working on something like 40 Exalted Reputations
or the Burning Crusade
tabard grind (as we've previously discussed
), try to make sure you're always grinding with this buff up.
Pilgrim's Peril (Alliance) and Pilgrim's Peril (Horde)
The latest in a series of holiday achievements that sends masses of players to their deaths in enemy cities, Pilgrim's Peril requires you to sit at hostile Bountiful Tables while wearing at least one piece of Pilgrim attire. As all those of us who have done achievements like King of the Fire Festival
are painfully aware, this rarely ends well, but sitting is pretty quick, and on PvE servers you won't get flagged in all of the enemy cities due festival area placement. If you're Horde, you won't get flagged at the Ironforge or Stormwind tables; if you're Alliance, you won't get flagged at the Orgrimmar or Silvermoon tables.
Pilgrim attire is a reward from any of the cooking dailies given by NPCs in the feast areas, so it's extremely easy to get and you should have no difficulty collecting as much as you want. Otherwise, the same stipulations concerning any achievement you have to do in an enemy city apply:
- Try to go during your server's off-hours if possible.
- Try not to go alone.
- Plan your route in advance and know which cities you'll hit in which order.
- Budget time in the quite-likely event that some jackass camping the Tables decides to take a potshot at you.
Put on a piece of Pilgrim finery, mosey on up to an enemy table, and park thyself. Four enemy cities later, bingo -- you're all set.
Terokkar Turkey Time (Alliance) and Terokkar Turkey Time (Horde)
Talon King Ikiss is the last boss of Sethekk Halls, a Burning Crusade
dungeon located in the Auchindoun complex of Terokkar Forest. Fortunately, the achievement doesn't seem to care if you defeat Ikiss on normal or heroic, so if you don't have the requisite Honored reputation with Lower CIty to purchase the Auchenai Key
to unlock the heroic version, that doesn't matter. Pick up some Pilgrim attire from the daily quests, head for Sethekk Halls, and you're in business.
Turkey Lurkey (Alliance) and Turkey Lurkey (Horde)
Turkey Shooters, like Pilgrim clothing, are potential rewards from the holiday's daily quests. So getting a Shooter isn't tough, but depending on your realm's population and class spread, finding one rogue of each race might be very tough indeed. On my server, this achievement is going to consign me to an endless hunt for troll and dwarf rogues ("Jerry? Be a pal and faction-change for 5 minutes?").