Zykloid Software's Posterino serves as an elegant and easy-to-use way to create photo-based giftables for those looking for third party alternatives to iPhoto's offerings (postcards, photo books, and calendars), which are great in their own right. As in iPhoto, you can use Posterino to create elegant postcards, customizable with backgrounds and fonts to your liking. And because your iPhoto library is integrated within the app, you can easily drag and drop photos from your iPhoto folders, events, and albums. Posterino also features the ability to create posters, and this is what distinguishes it from iPhoto. These posters, dubbed "Life Posters," can be created based on 12 preset templates within the app.
Unlike iPhoto, which serves as a one-stop shop for creating and printing calendars, postcards, and photo books, Posterino requires users to export (as a TIFF or JPG) and ready their image to print at a third party service -- such as Internet-based Kodak Gallery and Snapfish, or at a local print shop.
Given their personalized nature, these photo-based products from Posterino can serve as nice holiday gifts and stocking stuffers.
Posterino is available for purchase for USD $24.99, but we've got two copies of Posterino to give away to TUAW readers. All you need to do to enter is tell us (in the comments below) about your most embarrassing baby picture -- you know, the one your parents insisted on showing to all your dates in high school.
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment below. The comment must be left by Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prize: One free license of Posterino (retail value US$24.99).
- Click here for complete Official Rules.