Update: Comments have been closed and a winner shall be emailed expediently! Check your inboxes, dearest readers.
Ahhh, nostalgia. It's quite a thing, isn't it? That old familiar feeling. We were just tots 20 years ago when the first Final Fantasy was mere months from its North American release, a game that went on to influence -- be it directly or incidentally -- many of the RPGs we've played since.
Like this week's Swag Sunday, the appropriately titled Nostalgia, for instance (appropriately titled for our theme, that is). Joystiq's own JC Fletcher said in his preview that, "The winsome attitude of Nostalgia makes it a nice counterpoint to the self-importance of, say, Final Fantasy games, and the no-frills combat (and ability to make a temporary save file if you need to quit and aren't near a save point) is perfect for short-session handheld play." You see that? He even names Final Fantasy! How's that for sticking with a theme!
Anyway, if you'll be so kind as to leave a comment below in the next 24 hours (once only, please) telling us about a nostalgic moment you've had while gaming, you'll be entered for a chance to win a copy of the game. Get to it!
- Leave a comment telling us about a nostalgic moment you've had while gaming.
- You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the US or Canada (excluding Quebec, mostly because of the lack of sweet Fez footage as of late).
- Limit 1 entry per person per day
- This entry period ends at 7:31PM ET on Monday, January 18.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one winner to receive one copy of Nostalgia for Nintendo DS ($34.99 ARV).
- For a list of complete rules, click here