Gnomeregan may be recovered a heck of a lot sooner than expected. MMO-Champion just released the following information gleaned from the 3.3.3 PTR files, two new achievements:
- Gnomecoming King - You assisted High Tinker Mekkatorque and the Gnomeregan Exiles in the recapture of Gnomeregan's surface.
- Gnomecoming Queen - You assisted High Tinker Mekkatorque and the Gnomeregan Exiles in the recapture of Gnomeregan's surface.
That's right, the gnomes are going home! Or are they? While the achievements are in the files, it'll take gameplay on the PTR to see if the achievements are actually active in the new patch or not. The one note that brings a question to my mind is the text of the achievement -- it's the recapture of Gnomeregan's surface, leading me to believe that maybe Gnomeregan proper will be left for a future patch. Who knows?
In addition, Horde players have not been forgotten: It looks as though trolls may play a big part in the pre-Cataclysm events to come, according to some taxi nodes that have been uncovered:
- Durotar - ET - CC Prologue Troll Recruit End (#439)
- Durotar - ET - CC Prologue - Troll Battle End (#440)
- Durotar - ET - CC Prologue Troll Taxi Bat Start (#438)
While it's not clear what exactly those taxi nodes are for, they do indicate a battle of some sort. Hopefully the PTR will have more information about what the taxi nodes mean. Stay tuned for more 3.3.3 PTR info as it develops!
Update -- More information has been released in the form of several new spells:
- Motivate - Motivates a Gnome Citizen to enlist. / 20 yd range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown
- Place Poster - Place a warning poster near one of the green markers in the Valley of Strength. / 10 yd range, 1 sec cast
- Place Poster - Place a warning poster near a green marker in Stormwind. / 10 yd range, 1 sec cast
- Cult Disguise - Disguise yourself as a member of the new Orgrimmar doomsday cult. / Instant
- Doomsday Messenger - Wear a large board emblazoned with a message about the impending end of the world. / Instant
- Hydrodynamic Flippers - Swim speed increased by 200%. / Instant
- Brilliant Tactics - For Gnomeregan! / 80 yd range, Instant
- Boon of the Loa - For the Darkspear! / 80 yd range, Instant
- Paint Bomb - Covers enemy target in paint. / 15 yd range, 1 sec cast, 1 sec cooldown
- Gnomeregan Overcloak - Right Click to don a cosmetic cloak. Will cover the appearance but not the effect of any existing cloak. / Instant, 1 sec cooldown
- Orgrimmar Overcloak - Right Click to don a cosmetic cloak. Will cover the appearance but not the effect of any existing cloak. / Instant, 1 sec cooldown
- Attune - Attune the captured frog to Vanira's sight at Vanira's Sentry Totem. / 10 yd range, 1 sec cast
- Frogs Away! - Toss one of Vanira's attuned frogs at one of the illuminated locations on the Echo Isles. Only works when riding a bat. / 100 yd range, Instant
- Vol'jin's War Drums - Play Vol'jin's War Drums to recruit Troll Citizens to the cause of retaking the / 10 yd range, 1 sec cast
I'm thinking the end of that last spell's sentence is more than likely 'Echo Isles', mainly because of references to that location in earlier spells, but it doesn't specify. However, what's really got my curiosity piqued is the Orgrimmar doomsday cult. Are we waving signs around about Deathwing's imminent arrival, or are we just that annoyed about Garrosh's possible takeover? Stay tuned for more 3.3.3 PTR info as it develops!