P.S. We're hearing the current release might be for devs only, hence the lack of a public download.
Update: Okay, now it's available for public consumption.
Update 2: We've been playing with Safari 5 for a few moments and here's what we've noticed:
- Reader is pretty gorgeous -- think Instapaper on the fly. It's hard to tell when it'll kick in and show the Reader button in the toolbar, though -- it works on Engadget posts, but not in Wikipedia articles.
- Yes, Netflix is broken. It seems like it's doing a browser detect and failing with the new build number, so we'd guess it'll be fixed soon.
- It's much faster at everything from launch to rendering times. We haven't clocked it yet, but it's noticeably snappier on our quad-core i7 iMac.
- We're dying to try out some Extensions and see how they work, but we haven't seen any yet. Same with the new HTML5 features -- hit us up if you see anything!
- Bing Search integration is... Bing search integration. What else is there to say?