Burn Zombie Burn will be published by P2 Games on Steam in early August 2010. The game casts players as Bruce, an average guy who only wanted to spend time with his girlfriend Daisy before their Saturday night was ruined by packs of zombies. It's up to Bruce to shoot, burn and blow up as many undead as possible before he succumbs to their attacks. The PC version of the game will feature the standard Freeplay, Defend Daisy and Timed modes, as well as a new Survival mode, which packs an ever increasing number of ghouls onscreen to test your accuracy. Additionally, a harder Extreme difficulty mode will demand a player's best shooting and dodging skills, as you face off against hardier enemies. All zombie hunters will also receive a strategy guide and comic to help instruct them in how to eliminate shambling corpses.
Other features within Burn Zombie Burn are:
· Six levels inspired by American horror movies: The Woods, Graveyard, Suburbia, Drive-In, Military Base and Secret Lab.
· Ten custom Challenge levels including: 'My Exploding Zombie Head!' (kick your Exploding Zombie Head around the map, shoot to detonate); Zombie Zapper (trick those zombies into running into your brand new zombie disposal device); 'Zombies Ate My Teddy!' (zombies are after your teddy, you must stop them!) and 'Lawn of the Dead!' (a lawnmower and a lot of zombies).
· Eight zombie types to burn, each with their own behavioral patterns, strengths and weaknesses: Normal, Exploders, Crazies, Dancers, Rushers, Riots, Noxious and the Super Zombie!
· Choose from a fantastic range of classic horror-movie weapons to dish out some zombie hurt including: the baseball bat, the shotgun, the chainsaw, the lawnmower and some new additions: the Dance Gun and Brain Gun!
· Then eviscerate some more undead with your explosives. You can upgrade your Timed Explosives to Proximity Mines or Remote Explosives for your zombie-blasting convenience!
· Set fire to zombies to net a big score multiplier. The more zombies on fire, the bigger your multiplier and the quicker your score rises.
"It's unfortunate that P2 Games is stoking the flames of anti-zombie sentiment with this release," commented Bubb. "Don't we have enough of that wanton destruction in movies? Please, join with B.R.A.A.A.I.N.S. to protest this game. After all, destroying an undead brain is a terrible waste when it can be fed to starving zombies everywhere!"
Burn Zombie Burn is rated by the ESRB as M for Mature (Blood and Gore), by PEGI as 18+, and by OLFC as Mature 15+.
For more on Burn Zombie Burn head to www.burnzombieburn.com, and for Burn Zombie Burn! walkthroughs provided by the doublesix team, check out the dedicated YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/doublesixgames.