Optimum App Now Available Free On iTunes App Store, Android Market For Optimum Online And iO TV DVR Customers
New App Lets Customers Search TV Listings And Remotely Manage iO TV DVRs Using Their iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android Mobile Phone
BETHPAGE, NY, September 9, 2010 - Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) announced that it has developed a new, free application now available in the Apple iTunes App Store and Android Market offering customers fully searchable television listings and the ability to manage their iO TV DVR using an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android mobile phone.
The new application gives customers who subscribe to both DVR for iO TV and Optimum Online an easy way to search for, discover and record TV shows onto any of their home DVRs using their Apple or Android mobile device. The application supports multiple users and devices per home, in an easy-to-download and use format. Customers can find the application by searching the word "Optimum" in the iTunes App Store or the Android Market.
"We are pleased to provide this new app for Apple and Android devices, which is a valuable extension of our existing browser-based remote DVR scheduling and management feature," said John Trierweiler, Cablevision's senior vice president of product management. "The addition of downloadable native mobile apps for DVR management also allows our customers to take further advantage of our Optimum WiFi wireless Internet service, which is available in tens of thousands of locations across Cablevision's service area."
Key features of the new application include:
· The ability to search upcoming TV shows by cast, title, genre, description or keyword.
· Browse comprehensive current TV listings by time, channel, or category.
· Record either single episodes or an entire series onto any DVR in the home.
· Delete recorded shows, or cancel upcoming recordings on any DVR in the home
· Swipe to record or delete with a single click.
· Supports multitasking on both platforms (Apple: iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS with iOS 4).