Epson Enters New Home Theater Projector Category with Models Featuring World's First 3LCD Reflective Technology and Contrast Ratios up to 1,000,000:1
PowerLite Pro Cinema 61000 and 31000 and Home Cinema 21000 Offer Custom Installers and AV Aficionados Exceptional Image Quality and Performance
ATLANTA (CEDIA Expo 2010, Booth 2406) – Sept. 23, 2010 – Epson America today announced its entry into a new home theater projector market with three 1080p 3LCD™ Reflective home theater projectors, the PowerLite® Pro Cinema 61000 and 31000, and Home Cinema 21000. Designed for custom installers and home theater aficionados, these projectors feature the world's first 3LCD Reflective technology, along with Epson's UltraBlack™ technology for exceptional picture quality and astounding contrast ratios. The Home Cinema 21000 and Pro Cinema 31000 achieve a 500,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio while the Pro Cinema 61000 produces the world's first mega contrast ratio of up to 1,000,000:1[i].
With Epson's newly developed 3LCD Reflective technology, along with fully optimized high contrast ratios, these projectors deliver the deepest blacks and brightest whites. As the number-one selling projector brand worldwide[ii], Epson created 3LCD Reflective technology based on its established transmissive HTPS technology to deliver advanced video quality with higher contrast ratios, richer colors, smoother gradation, and enhanced black levels. In addition, each model features a dual-layer auto iris, built-in IDT HQV Vida™ Video Processor and PW390 video scaler, and Epson's Super-resolution and FineFrame™ technologies to deliver state-of-the-art performance and image quality in each of their respective categories. This new series of home theater projectors also delivers a smaller footprint[iii] and center lens design, as well as powered zoom, focus and lens memory to ensure a range of installation options and flexibility.
"We are very excited to debut our new home theater projector line-up to the custom installation channel," said Marge Ang, senior product manager, Epson America. "These powerful, feature-packed projectors demonstrate Epson's commitment to provide dealers with top-of-the-line products that allow them to design customized home entertainment systems for their customers."
Epson's flagship Pro Cinema 61000 offers a new ultra-fast, dual-layered auto-iris to control light reduction rates to reach up to 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio. It also includes a host of value-added features, including ISF calibration, color isolation, new color modes and new networking features for installers to access an easy remote management system to minimize down time for consumers. Encased in an elegant black design with a copper lens ring and priced in the sub-$7,000 category, the Pro Cinema 61000 is designed for AV elitists looking for top-of-the-line home entertainment quality and performance.
The Pro Cinema 31000 and Home Cinema 21000 round out Epson's mid-level offerings in the sub-$4,500 and sub-$3,300 categories, respectively. Available in black with a silver lens ring, the Pro Cinema 31000 offers 500,000:1 contrast ratio as well as the professional-level ISF Certification color tools featured in the Pro Cinema 61000. The Home Cinema 21000 is cased in a white design and delivers outstanding image quality for a reasonable price for home theater enthusiasts who don't require the professional-level color tools and installation management features.
More About Epson's New 3LCD Reflective Home Theater Projector Line-up
The projectors share a range of high-quality, premium and powerful new features designed to enhance performance, image quality and total cost of ownership, including:
* Native 1080p (1920x1080) resolution with newly developed 3LCD Reflective technology
* Includes two anamorphic lens (squeeze and wide) modes to enable 2.35:1 viewing without external processor; lens position memory for 2.40:1 Cinemascope screen
* Delivers outstanding video image quality with Fujinon OptiCinema™ Multi-Lens Optics System (2.1 zoom ratio); projects clean, precise edges with consistent image quality across the entire screen
* Cinema Filter feature delivers larger color space for improved color fidelity
* Features two HDMI 1.4 inputs with Deep Color support, HDMI CEC for control of connected devices
* Epson's exclusive 200W E-TORL® (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp provides optimum light uniformity and output for screen sizes larger than ten feet using less energy for up to 5,000 hours[v]
* Spare lamp, ceiling mount, and cable cover included (Pro Cinema 6100 and 31000 only)
* Small footprint and center lens design, as well as powered zoom, focus and lens shift (40 percent horizontal and 90 percent vertical) ensure a range of installation options and flexibility
* Projects brightness up to 1,200 color and white light output[iv] for the optimal visual experience
* Offers five different color modes, including Dynamic, Living Room, Natural, Cinema, x.v.Color
* ISF Calibration for customizable settings, new color modes, pre-set color space selection, and color isolation for easy color adjustment without color filter glasses (Pro Cinema 61000 and 3100 only)
Availability and Support
The Pro Cinema 61000 and 31000 and Home Cinema 21000 will be available online and through authorized Epson projector dealers in December. The Home Cinema 21000 includes a two-year limited warranty, while the Pro Cinema 31000 and 61000 include a three-year limited warranty. All three models come with Epson's industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson's PrivateLine® priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service. For more information, please see the detailed spec sheets.
Epson Adds Two High-Performance 1080p Projectors to Award-Winning Home Cinema Line
PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 and 8700 UB Deliver Affordable, High-Definition Home Theater Experiences
ATLANTA (CEDIA Expo 2010, Booth 2406) – Sept. 23, 2010 – Epson America today expanded its award-winning line of 3LCD™ home theater projectors with the announcement of the PowerLite® Home Cinema 8350 and 8700 UB. These two projectors offer native 1080p resolution and Epson's latest 3LCD™ technology with C2Fine® chip sets for amazing color and detail, high contrast ratios and road-tested reliability. The value-packed Home Cinema 8350 and 8700 UB also include Epson's award-winning customer service and support, delivering an outstanding and affordable viewing experience for home entertainment and AV enthusiasts.
As the number-one selling projector brand worldwide[i], Epson has priced the Home Cinema 8350 and 8700 UB in the sub-$1,300 and sub-$2,200 categories, respectively, offering consumers two options for affordable high-definition home entertainment. Both projectors feature state-of-the-art image quality and performance in each of their respective categories with deep blacks and bright images with contrast ratios of up to 50,000:1 and 200,000:1.
"Epson has packed its latest Home Cinema line of projectors with a number of value-add features and technologies in order to deliver high-performing 1080p solutions to the home theater and AV enthusiast market," said Marge Ang, senior product manager, Epson America. "We are committed to leading the market in terms of performance and value, and these models clearly demonstrate that consumers can get outstanding image quality at affordable price points."
The Home Cinema 8350 offers a high-quality, affordable big-screen entertainment at home, featuring Epson's C2Fine chip set for higher contrast of up to 50,000:1 and higher brightness of up to 2,000 lumens color and white light output[ii]. It also has an exclusive Dynamic Iris system that contributes to the enhanced contrast by controlling light on a frame-by-frame basis at up to 60 times per second.
Adding a host of technology enhancements, the Home Cinema 8700 UB offers home theater AV enthusiasts an incredible 1080p big screen experience. With a dual-layered auto-iris to effectively control light reduction rates, as well as Epson's D7 chip set and UltraBlack™ technology, the projector delivers superb black levels and vivid images. It also features brightness of 1,600 lumens color and white light output for deep blacks and crystal clear detail.
Also offered with the Home Cinema 8700 UB is Epson's Super-resolution technology for enhanced picture quality and FineFrame™ technology for smoother frame interpolation, sharper video quality and the elimination of judder. It also includes a built-in Silicon Optix HQV Reon-VX video processor and PW390 scaler to ensure a smoother picture. New to the Home Cinema line, the Home Cinema 8700 UB now features pre-set color space selection to set color gamut according to geography and source material. In addition, the projector comes equipped with anamorphic lens mode to enable anamorphic viewing without an external processor for true 2.35:1 and 2.40:1 widescreen images without the black bars above and below the picture[iii]. For added value, the projector includes a voucher for a replacement E-TORL lamp ($299.99).
Additional Shared Features of the Home Cinema Line
Epson's Home Cinema projectors share a range of features including:
* Advanced, three-chip optical engine for brilliant color and image quality without color break-up
* Cinema Filter feature delivers larger color space for improved color fidelity
* Outstanding video image quality with Fujinon OptiCinema™ Multi-Lens Optics System (2.1 zoom ratio); projects clean, precise edges with consistent image quality across the entire screen
* Real color reproduction feature delivers more natural and precise colors
* Epson's exclusive 200W E-TORL® (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp) for up to 5,000 hours of lamp life[iv]
* Features two HDMI 1.3 connections with Deep Color support, high definition component video input, S-video input, composite video input, and VGA-type RGB input (D-sub 15)
* Stylish, sleek design featuring white casing and reversible Epson logo on the front panel allow the projector to be reoriented for tabletop, shelf and ceiling mounting
* Five Color Modes to easily adapt to different viewing environments
* Manual zoom, focus and lens shift (47.1 percent horizontal and 96.3 percent vertical) ensure a range of installation options and flexibility
Availability and Industry-Leading Service and Support
Both projectors will be available in late-September and can be purchased through authorized Epson projector dealers and select retail outlets. Ranking as the number one Home Video company in the annual "Supplier Loyalty Report" by the consumer electronics industry publication inside track for three consecutive years, Epson offers its industry-leading customer service and support with the Home Cinema 8350 and 8700 UB. Both projectors come with a two-year limited warranty with toll-free access to Epson's PrivateLineSM priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service.