XFINITY TV NOW OFFERS 150,000 VIDEO CHOICES ONLINE TO VIEW ANYTIME;
INTRODUCES REMOTE DVR PROGRAMMING, PERSONALIZED WATCHLISTS
AND ENHANCED SEARCH FEATURES
With Nearly 90 Content Partners, Xfinity TV Offers Top-Rated Shows and Movies,
with Many in HD – Free to Comcast Digital Customers
PHILADELPHIA – October 25, 2010 – Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communication products and services, is now bringing to customers an online destination that offers a combination of top video entertainment choices along with new ways to find, manage and personalize viewing options. The launch is part of Comcast's nationwide Xfinity rollout, giving customers more entertainment, in more places, as well as some of the fastest broadband speeds available anywhere.
Xfinity TV is available online for free to Comcast digital customers, and offers the following combination of features:
· Nearly 150,000 video choices online, including hit shows, blockbuster movies, kids' content, independent films, ethnic programming, clips and movie trailers.
· Current and classic content, with many choices in HD, from nearly 90 television and movie partners, including top-rated networks and major studios; plus popular movies that are available the same day as DVD release, such as Iron Man 2 and Get Him to the Greek.
· Content from leading premium channels – HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz and Encore.
· The capability to remotely program one or more home DVRs, and other new tools that enable customers to personalize and manage their entertainment experience across multiple devices from one integrated site. This includes enhanced search which gives users the ability to instantly find favorite TV and movie selections through Xfinity TV service whether they want to watch on TV, On Demand, online or on mobile devices; integrated personalized "Watchlists" to keep track of favorite entertainment options wherever they are playing – on TV, On Demand or online – and social media integration to share favorite shows with friends on their social network.
· Access to this content for any Comcast digital customer, using any ISP, anywhere in the U.S. where they have a Web connection.
"Bolstered by the best content from top programmers and rich tools to help personalize your TV viewing experience, we've created a destination that enables customers to watch, find and manage their favorite shows and movies anytime, anywhere," said Matt Strauss, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Comcast Interactive Media. "But we're not stopping there – in the coming weeks, Comcast will bring even more content, functionality and ease-of-use into Xfinity TV."
Xfinity TV offers top cable programming from networks like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, Encore, Movieplex, TNT, TBS, Nickelodeon, Discovery, A&E, AMC, MTV, BET, E! Entertainment, The Style Network, G4, Golf Channel, Comedy Central, BBC, Bravo, SyFy, Animal Planet, The Travel Channel, Food Network, DIY, The Cooking Channel, History, IFC and Ovation, and includes broadcast content from CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX.
Popular selections include: Boardwalk Empire, The Next Iron Chef, The Big C, The Closer, Jersey Shore, The Daily Show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and every episode of Dexter; and movies including The Blind Side, Invictus, and The Princess and the Frog. Customers will have access to programming based upon their levels of subscription to Comcast digital services. Customers also will have access to an online store with a broad library of movies and shows to purchase or rent.
With search tools that enable customers to mine an extensive library of new and classic favorites, it's easy to find the best content whether it is available on TV, On Demand or online. Also, in the coming months, customers can enjoy personalized show and movie recommendations delivered to them based on their entertainment preferences.
In addition, a new "My TV" feature allows customers to personalize their viewing options, schedule DVR recordings from their computer, manage and prioritize their DVR TV series, and catalog their favorite TV shows and movies in one centralized "Watchlist," which will keep them updated when the shows they want to watch are available. Customers can also now share the videos they are watching via social media networks.
Comcast customers with a digital subscription can visit Xfinity TV, www.XfinityTV.com, sign-in with their Comcast ID and password, and watch their favorite shows at no charge. Xfinity Internet service is not required to access this site.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communication products and services. With 23.2 million video customers, 16.4 million high-speed Internet customers, and 8.1 million Comcast Digital Voice customers, Comcast is principally involved in the development, management and operation of cable systems and in the delivery of programming content.
Comcast's content networks and investments include E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, Golf Channel, VERSUS, G4, PBS KIDS Sprout, TV One, 11 regional sports networks operated by Comcast Sports Group and Comcast Interactive Media, which develops and operates Comcast's Internet businesses, including Comcast.net (www.comcast.net). Comcast also has a majority ownership in Comcast-Spectacor, which owns two professional sports teams, the Philadelphia 76ers NBA basketball team and the Philadelphia Flyers NHL hockey team, and a large, multipurpose arena in Philadelphia, the Wells Fargo Center, and, through Global Spectrum, manages other facilities for sporting events, concerts and other events.