The Block22 showed up in a small cardboard box lined with cotton batting and emblazoned with a hand-stamped impression of the company's emblem -- what appears to be a Berkshire pig. Upon opening the box, the Block22 appears in all of its glory. It's made of Ipê wood, a sustainably-forested South American hardwood. The iPad fits into a slot in the wood, and there's a nicely dished section behind the slot where you could place coins, knick-knacks, or business cards. The bottom has a 100% wool felt pad to keep the Block22 from sliding when you tap on the iPad screen. Finally, there's a little shiny touch added to the front -- a hand-stamped aluminum button with the pig logo.
It worked fine in my testing, and it looks "mahvelous." Be sure to take a look at the photo gallery to check out the details, and then enter our giveaway. Here are the details:
* Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
* To enter, leave a comment telling us what kind of case -- iPhone 4 or iPad -- you'd like to win.
* The comment must be left before midnight on Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
* You may enter only once.
* One winner will be selected in a random drawing and will receive a Sherwood + Meister Block22 iPad stand worth US$55.00.
* Click here for complete official rules.