An update to Apple's popular Remote application just went live on the App Store. Version 2.1 brings several new features to the table including AirPlay video support and Internet radio control. I'm not entirely sure what Apple is getting at with their "AirPlay video support to control iTunes on your computer to stream videos to an Apple TV" feature. It sounds a little Rube Goldberg, but I look forward to giving it a spin.
Here's a complete list of the new 2.1 features, courtesy of Apple:
- AirPlay video support to control iTunes on your computer to stream videos to an Apple TV
- Internet radio control to play thousands of internet radio streams in iTunes on your computer
- The ability to control iTunes on your computer to play Movies and TV shows that are rented from the iTunes Store
- Addresses issues connecting to an iTunes library or Apple TV
- Includes stability and performance improvements