I've been waiting for the ability to share a Keynote presentation as an actual presentation on iWork.com, and it's finally here.
In another update (yesterday brought iLife updates for iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband) squeaking in before the Mac App Store launch, Apple has released an update for iWork 9.0 and later as both a download and a software update.
The release notes mention the usual miscellaneous bug fixes as well as some improvements:
- Adds support for playback of Keynote presentations on iWork.com public beta, with over 15 animations and effects, when using the latest version of Safari.
- Adds support for Keynote Remote 1.2, including high-resolution slides for the Retina display.
- Addresses an issue in Keynote with ruler numbers when moving or resizing a shape or scrolling.
- Addresses an issue when exporting a Keynote presentation to iTunes/iPod when iTunes 10 is installed.
- Improves the readability of ePub documents exported from Pages.
- Includes public sharing and private upload document sharing options for iWork.com to Keynote, Pages and Numbers.
For more detailed information about this update and individual application changes, see Apple's iWork Update 5 knowledge base article.