Honoring elders is pretty easy -- find 'em, right-click on 'em, and have a nice chat. They're always sitting in a big beam of light, so they tend to stand out. You'll need to speak with all of the following elders in the Eastern Kingdoms in order to complete this achievement, and I've listed them in rough order from the northern part of the continent to the southern.
For now, I'll keep the pre-Cataclysm
coordinates around, because I don't think that elders have moved all that
much (in the event that they've moved at all), but just keep in mind that several are probably inaccurate. The degree of their inaccuracy remains to be seen, but elders are rarely located all that far from flight paths.
- Graveborn the Elder 61,53 in Brill (Tirisfal Glades)
- Meadowrun the Elder 65,47 in the Western Plaguelands
- Moonstrike the Elder 69,73 in Caer Darrow (the island with Scholomance, Western Plaguelands)
- Windrun the Elder 35,68 in the Eastern Plaguelands
- Snowcrown the Elder 75,52 at Light's Hope Chapel (Eastern Plaguelands) While you're here, ride to Stratholme for Farwhisper the Elder (see below).
- Highpeak the Elder 50,48 in the Hinterlands
- Obsidian the Elder 45,41 in The Sepulcher (Silverpine Forest)
- Silvervein the Elder 33,46 at Thelsamar (Loch Modan)
- Goldwell the Elder 46,51 at Kharanos (Dun Morogh) While you're in Dun Morogh, head to Ironforge to speak with Bronzebeard the Elder (see below).
- Ironband the Elder 21,79 in Searing Gorge
- Dawnstrider the Elder 64, 23 at Flame Crest (Burning Steppes)
- Rumblerock the Elder 82,46 at Dreadmaul Rock (Burning Steppes) Before you leave Burning Steppes, ride to Blackrock Mountain and get Elder Stonefort in LBRS and Elder Morndeep in BRD.
- Stormbrow the Elder 40,63 at Goldshire (Elwynn Forest) While you're here, head to Stormwind to speak with Hammershout the Elder (see below), but don't go through the front gates if you're Horde.
- Skychaser the Elder 56,47 at Sentinel Hill (Westfall)
- Bellowrage the Elder 58,54 in the Blasted Lands While you're here, ride north from Blasted Lands to the Swamp of Sorrows, and hit the Sunken Temple for Elder Starsong (see below).
- Starglade the Elder 53,18 outside Zul'Gurub (Stranglethorn Vale)
- Winterhoof the Elder 27,74 in Booty Bay (Stranglethorn Vale)
Elders of Kalimdor
Once you're all set with the Eastern Kingdoms, hop a boat or zeppelin to the west and talk to all of the Kalimdor elders. Again, I've listed them in order from the northern end of the continent to the southern, and take the current coordinates with a grain of salt.
- Bladeleaf the Elder 56,60 at Dolanaar (Teldrassil) Combine this with a trip to get Elder Bladeswift in Darnassus (see below).
- Starweave the Elder 36,46 at Auberdine (Darkshore)
- Stonespire the Elder 61,37 in Everlook (Winterspring)
- Brightspear the Elder 55,43 in Winterspring
- Nightwind the Elder 37,53 in Jaedanar (Felwood)
- Riversong the Elder 35,48 in Astranaar (Ashenvale)
- Skygleam the Elder 72,85 at the Ravencrest Monument (Azshara)
- Moonwarden the Elder 51,30 in the Crossroads (The Barrens)
- Windtotem the Elder 63,37 in Ratchet (The Barrens)
- Runetotem the Elder 54,44 in Razor Hill (Durotar) While you're here, ride to Orgrimmar to speak with Darkhorn the Elder (see below), but don't go through the front gates if you're Alliance.
- High Mountain the Elder 45,57 in Camp Taurajo (The Barrens)
- Bloodhoof the Elder 48,53 in Bloodhoof Village (Mulgore) While you're here, ride to Thunder Bluff to speak with Wheathoof the Elder (see below) in Thunder Bluff; after getting Mulgore/The Barrens done, you'll want to fly to Desolace to do Splitrock the Elder in Maraudon, and then head to Feralas.
- Mistwalker the Elder 43,68 in the Dire Maul complex (Feralas)
- Grimtotem the Elder 76,37 in Feralas
- Skyseer the Elder 45,48 at Freewind Post (Thousand Needles)
- Elder Morningdew 79,77 at Mirage Raceway (Thousand Needles)
- Dreamseer the Elder 51,27 in Gadgetzan (Tanaris) Ride west to Zul'Farrak to get Wildmane the Elder (see below)
- Ragetotem the Elder 36,80 in Tanaris (outside Uldum).
- Thunderhorn the Elder 50,76 in Slithering Scar (Un'Goro Crater)
- Primestone the Elder 23,11 in the Crystal Vale (Silithus)
- Bladesing the Elder The moonwell at Cenarion Hold (Silithus)
Elders of the Alliance
You'll also need to talk to a series of elders located in capital cities, which will mean the oft-hairy process of having to enter enemy cities. This should be somewhat easier these days now that you can fly straight into enemy cities, but the odds of being knocked off your mount by airborne guards or hostile players are still pretty good. The three Alliance elders are easy enough if you're -- well, Alliance, but Horde will have some work to do here. Keeping this in mind, the instructions below are written with an eye toward locating elders if you're a member of the opposite faction, and I've kept instructions for finding the elders on foot if your character isn't able to fly in Azeroth yet.
Elders of the Horde
- Bladeswift the Elder 33,14 in the Cenarion Enclave in Darnassus. This is located in the northern part of the city and just south of the new Howling Oak area. Sorry, Horde -- there's no real way to cheese this. You'll have to run in off the boat to Rut'theran Village, get past the guards, hang a left, and make a beeline for the Cenarion Enclave. This will keep you away from the most "crowded" area of Darnassus (insofar as any portion of Darnassus could be termed "crowded"). As long as you're on Teldrassil, keep heading east afterwards to talk to Elder Bladeleaf in Dolanaar.
- Bronzebeard the Elder 29,17 in the Mystic Ward of Ironforge. If you're Horde, hang a left after entering the city's front gates and drop down into the trench that runs the the length of The Commons -- this should get most of the guards off your tail. Keep going, and the first ramp up from the trench should put you within sight of Elder Bronzebeard. At this point, you can hearth (if possible), port to Moonglade using a scroll from a Festival Harbinger, or get to the Deeprun Tram so you can knock off the Stormwind elder without having to enter the city from the front gates or harbor.
- Hammershout the Elder 35.65 in the Park in Stormwind ... which Deathwing blew up. Right. Suffice it to say I have no idea where this guy is nowadays, but I'll look for him as soon as the holiday goes live.
It's slightly less troublesome for Alliance to reach the Horde elders than vice versa, but the odds of your attracting attention while doing these is still reasonably high. As with their Alliance counterparts, the Horde elders are simple to reach if you're Horde, so I'm writing this with an eye toward the difficulty of reaching them as an Alliance player.
- Darkhorn the Elder 41,35 in the Valley of Wisdom in Orgrimmar -- or at least, that's where he used to be located. This one's still going to be the worst of the Horde elders to reach. The Valley of Wisdom is now Orgrimmar's tauren district, so it's possible that Darkhorn's moved. If he's still in the Valley of Wisdom, you can avoid the most crowded portion of Orgrimmar by zoning in through the western gate. Once you're in, follow the raised walkway through the troll district through a tunnel and hang a left. The Valley of Wisdom will be directly ahead. While the tauren district tends to be significantly less crowded than the central portion of Orgrimmar, I still see plenty of traffic here. If you're flying, just drop in from the north or west so you encounter as few guards as possible.
- Wheathoof the Elder 72,23 on Elder Rise in Thunder Bluff. This is an elder named for Ezra Chatterton, a young player who died in 2008 and was the first to receive a phoenix mount. Ezra Wheathoof is one of Blizzard's in-game nods to him (he's actually a copy of Ezra's character, Ephoenix), and you'll note he's the only elder to have a pet with him (not surprisingly, a phoenix). Because Thunder Bluff is usually deserted, you should encounter minimal player resistance, but you can still cut down on encounters with Horde players by using the northern elevator if you can't fly. Hang a quick left into the "bridge building" after you come up (mouseover the beam over the entrance to see where it goes and confirm you've got the bridge to Elder Rise), and head over; you'll see the elder to the left of the big druids' tent on Elder Rise. If you're getting harassed by Horde players or guards, you can jump off the Rise afterwards, although I recommend having a slow fall effect of some kind prepared so that you survive the jump. If you're flying, getting to Wheathoof will be absurdly simple -- just fly over to the Elder Rise and talk to him without ever getting off your mount.
- Darkcore the Elder 66,38 in the Ruins of Lordaeron above Undercity. This guy's easy to find, although with increased Horde traffic on the zeppelins during the Lunar Festival, the odds of running into high-level players getting on and off the elevators is pretty good. Ride or fly into the Ruins of Lordaeron above the city and keep going straight; you'll find the elder in the circular throne room along with the rest of the Lunar Festival NPCs.