IRVINE, California -- February 7, 2011 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its sixth BlizzCon® gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on Friday, October 21 and Saturday, October 22, 2011. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® universes.
"We look forward to holding another exciting BlizzCon this year, filled with some great entertainment and competition, as well as the latest news about Blizzard games," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "BlizzCon is built from the ground up with our community in mind -- we're pleased to be able to host an event where players can come together to have fun and celebrate their passion for gaming."
In addition to serving as a gathering place for Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, BlizzCon will offer attendees a chance to enjoy:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment's game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced
The previous BlizzCon was held in Anaheim in October 2010. Tickets to the event sold out in minutes, and some of the highlights included the unveiling of Diablo III's fifth and final playable character class, the demon hunter, and an epic closing concert featuring Tenacious D.
Further details about BlizzCon 2011, including ticket availability and pricing, will be announced on the official Blizzard website, www.blizzard.com, as the event draws closer.