Chocolate Celebration Cake
Requires Level 70
Item Level 75
Use: Right-click to set out a candle-laden chocolate cake that serves up to five party members. (30-min. Cooldown)
This cake isn't something you create; it's something you purchase! The cake is sold by Aimee in Dalaran for 9 gold -- quite the expensive affair. Right-clicking the cake will award you with a Chocolate Cake Slice, which you can consume at your leisure. You must be in a party to click on the cake, and there are only five slices available to eat.
Or you can just make the real-life version of this cake and enjoy chocolate for much less gold, more cake for your raider -- and with no cooldown, to boot!
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package instant pudding (cheesecake flavor)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup strong coffee (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 9" round cake pan x 2
- 1 package Cool Whip
- 1 bar semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 1 package dark chocolate frosting
- 1 package milk chocolate frosting
While easy enough to defeat, this boss is a multi-phase fight, so be prepared to be in the kitchen for a little while!Phase 1
- DPS check and raid layout This recipe is basically a DPS check with no really complicated fight mechanics, just a few different phases. No need to split the raid here! Head to the oven and set the temperature for 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Send in the tank and DPS to combine the cake mix with the cheesecake pudding mix in a large bowl.
- Adds The adds will come in one at a time, eggs, oil, and finally coffee. Have your DPS beat them into the batter for a minute or two, just to make sure everything is well-blended.
- Dances With Oozes Careful! Just when you think the fight is over, the mini-chocolate chips will spawn. Have your DPSers gently combine the chips into the batter.
- Portal Jockey Split the boss between the two cake pans -- make sure it's evenly divided -- and watch the boss submerge in the oven for approximately 30 minutes. The first phase is done when your DPS can stick a dagger in the center of the cake and have it come out clean.
- Cooldowns Place the cakes on wire racks and let your healers regen some mana while you wait for the cakes to cool.
- Positioning is key After the cooldown period, set a wire rack on top of the cake and flip it, shaking gently until the boss emerges.
- Been Waiting a Long Time for This Wait for the boss to cool down completely. I recommend putting it in the freezer overnight simply to firm it up before frosting, but you can just wait an hour or two and frost it, if time is pressing.
- Kick it up a notch Have your DPS spread the dark chocolate frosting on one cake, then place the other on top of it. Get your frost mages to spread the dark chocolate frosting around the edges of the cake, and then use the milk chocolate frosting on top of the cake. Almost done!
- I've Gone and Made a Mess Now it's time to make the ganache! Use 6 tablespoons of Cool Whip per 1 oz. of chocolate. Tell your shaman to pop Bloodlust and stick the Cool Whip and chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, then have your rogues pop Killing Spree and mix the concoction until it's fully blended. Drizzle the ganache on top of the cake -- but be careful! Wait for that ganache to cool off a little bit before drizzling.
- Burn Phase Quick! Before the boss enrages, pipe a little of that dark chocolate frosting around the edges and stick some candles on top! Hope you brought a fire mage along to light those candles!
The flavor of this encounter can change drastically on heroic difficulty, but it all comes down to the adds. The following adds may spawn in heroic difficulty:
- Substitute any flavor pudding for the pudding in the mix. I like the flavor of cheesecake, but you can use chocolate, white chocolate, or any other flavor you wish!
- Substitute any flavored coffee Butter rum, chocolate raspberry, Irish cream, you get the picture!
- Substitute the mini chocolate chips For any flavor you like!
- Substitute the semi-sweet chocolate bar with a white chocolate, dark chocolate, mint chocolate, or chocolate raspberry bar for the ganache.
Present the loot with appropriate fanfare. /cheering and /clapping are advised, along with a rousing chorus of song, and be sure to blow out those candles before serving. Divide the loot equally between your raiders -- this was a long fight, but the rewards are definitely worth it! You can devour this cake by itself, or use an Ice Cream Churner
and whip up some ice cream to serve on the side.
Rich and chocolatey with just a hint of mocha flavor, this cake is a perfect way to celebrate any event in your life, whether it be WoW
-related or not.Still confused?
If you're still confused on the components of the fight, check out the gallery for a complete, illustrated guide to all the strats for this encounter. Enjoy!
World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by
WoW players, including arts and crafts, fan art,
WoW-themed recipes, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your not-for-profit,