Requires Level 80
Item Level 85
Use: Restores 96,000 health and 96,000 mana over 30 seconds. Must remain seated while eating. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 90 stamina and 90 in another useful stat for 1 hour.
The Fortune Cookie recipe is one of several added in Cataclysm, and it can only be purchased with five Chef's Awards. These awards are obtained by completing the cooking daily quests available in most major cities. Or you can just whip up this homemade version and skip the daily quests altogether!
There are two separate sets of mats for these cookies -- the cookies themselves and the fortunes, of course! You can hand write your fortunes on small slips of paper, or print them out on your computer and cut them out. This is where the creativity comes in. You can use quotes from the Fortune Cards, you can use any of Sayge's fortunes from the Darkmoon Faire, or you can even take in game quotes from NPCs or bosses from various dungeons. It's all up to you!
Make sure your fortune strips are fairly small -- you can fold them in half to fit them in the cookie if you need to. Prepare your fortunes before you start baking, because the process of baking and folding fortune cookies goes by super-fast, and you have no time to waste writing out a fortune while your cookies are cooling. Once you've got your fortunes set, it's time to start baking!
- 1 egg white (If you aren't sure how to separate eggs, check out this handy video.)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 well-greased cookie sheet
- 1 muffin tin or egg carton
- 1 measuring cup or bowl
This fight requires a lot of finesse from your raiders. You'll need two groups for the pull. Of course, everything this raid tier is in the Firelands, and this fight is no exception -- you'll want your oven at a toasty 375 degrees.
- Send in the off tank to pick up the flour, salt, and sugar in one bowl. Let him mix it around until it's blended.
- Have the main tank pull the the egg white, vanilla extract, almond extract and butter to a separate bowl. Get your DPS to beat on it until it's foamy -- but don't let them DPS it too much!
- Pull the adds to the boss and get your DPS to blend the flour mixture into the egg white mixture until thoroughly blended together.
- Phase 2 Pull the blended mix onto a generously greased cookie sheet, a teaspoonful at a time. This is a timed encounter and it's all about precision, so for now, just drop one or two teaspoons on your sheet. Get your raid to make a nice circle out of the batter, around 3 inches in diameter, then pop them in the oven.
- Firelands Bake for 5 minutes or until the edges of the circle have turned a golden brown. The center of the cookie should still be pale.
- Not an Ambi-Turner This next phase will test the speed and dexterity of your raid. Remove the cookies from the oven and quickly take a cookie off the sheet with a wide spatula. Get your off tank to pull a fortune to the center of the cookie, then have your DPS fold the cookie in half.
- Bucket List Keep hurrying! Have your off tank pull to the measuring cup or bowl, and place the folded edge of the cookie across the rim. Fold the cookie in half to give it its unique fortune cookie shape.
- Phase complete Place the completed cookie in a muffin tin or even an egg carton just to hold the shape of the cookie until it has cooled completely. Start again with another teaspoon or two of batter until you're done!
Quite frankly, fortune cookies are tricky enough to make without a heroic mode! If you're trying out this recipe for the first time, be prepared to make a batch or two -- it takes a few tries to get the hang of folding the cookies correctly. The important part is that you don't let the cookies bake for too long and that you fold the hot cookies as quickly as possible. If you let them cool at all, they will crack as you fold, and nobody likes a crumbled cookie!The loot
Once the cookies are cool, they will harden into a typical fortune cookie and can be split among your raid. This recipe only makes about dozen cookies; you'll need to double it for a full 25-man raid. Crack the cookies open and enjoy your fortunes (and the cookie, while you're at it!).
Fortune cookies are great to make with kids. Let them create the fortunes and write them out. Make sure you handle the cookie folding, though; you don't want any burnt fingers! The cookies are also great for parties, especially since the fortunes themselves can basically be customized for whatever you happen to be celebrating.
I have to admit, I'm not really a fortune cookie fan. In fact, when I decided to make this recipe, I fully intended to toss the batch out after I'd made it. But after taste-testing one, I ended up keeping the entire batch -- these things are delicious
. Light, flaky, crispy and just a little sweet, the almond flavor in these cookies was more than enough to convince me that they needed to stay. The nice part about these cookies is there really isn't too much to them; you can enjoy a couple without worrying about ruining any diets.
Whether you're looking for a party favor that will go over well with guests, a fun baking activity to do with the kids, or just a neat snack to share with the family, these cookies are a treat to make and a treat to enjoy.Still confused?
If you're still confused about completing this encounter, check out the gallery for a complete, illustrated guide to help you out. Enjoy!
World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by
WoW players, including arts and crafts, fan art,
WoW-themed recipes, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by emailing email@example.com with your not-for-profit,