The latest point release of Apple's mobile OS hit today, with fixes for several issues on the iPhone and iPad. iOS 5.1.1 (about a 50MB download over the air, depending on your device) addresses the following issues:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G wireless networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase
The security fixes for this update are not yet listed, but when they are published you'll find them on Apple's security rundown page.
[hat tip to Ars Technica]