SiriusXM Coming Soon to Google TV
Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced its SiriusXM Internet Radio App will launch on Google TV devices coming in 2012, giving new and existing subscribers easy access to SiriusXM's commercial-free music, premier sports, live news, comedy, talk and entertainment at home.
With the launch of the SiriusXM Internet Radio App on Google TV, SiriusXM programming and Sirius XM 2.0 features will be available for the first time on any connected TV. SiriusXM Internet Radio for Google TV will be available as a free download from Google Play soon to consumers in the United States.
"Working closely with Google, we developed the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for the new Google TV, giving subscribers another platform to listen to their favorite SiriusXM programming at home," said Sean Gibbons, Vice President, Product Management, SiriusXM. "SiriusXM Internet Radio is currently available online and on smartphones and other connected devices. With SiriusXM on Google TV, we are giving even more consumers the ability to get the premium audio entertainment they enjoy from SiriusXM on their televisions."
SiriusXM will participate in the Google TV Developer Sandbox and demonstrate its SiriusXM Internet Radio App on Google TV at Google's developer conference, Google I/O 2012, today, June 27, at approximately 3:00 pm PDT at San Francisco's Moscone Center.
Subscribers will get access to these key features of SiriusXM Internet Radio on Google TV:
· Start Now allows subscribers to go back up to 5 hours to hear previously broadcast programming on many channels.
· Tune Start™ automatically starts the current song from the beginning so listeners will hear the whole song when tuning to any music channel.
· Pause and resume live programming.
· Fast Forward and Rewind on many channels.
· Show Finder™ is an easy-to-use electronic programming guide offering a complete list of what's on, with the ability to set reminder alerts when favorite shows are broadcast.
· Organize favorite channels and shows on one easy-to-access screen.
· View SiriusXM programming information and schedules on compatible HDTVs, including channel and album artwork, artist biographies and an electronic program guide.
SiriusXM Internet Radio is also currently available on Android-powered smartphones and mobile devices. The Android operating system is also used on the SiriusXM Lynx Portable Radio, the first SiriusXM 2.0 radio that offers new features and delivers an expanded channel lineup via satellite and Internet.
Listeners can register for a trial to listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio and get access to commercial-free music, premier sports, live news, comedy, talk, and entertainment from SiriusXM. For more information on SiriusXM and a full channel lineup, please visit www.siriusxm.com.
Google I/O returns to San Francisco's Moscone Center from June 27-29, 2012.
The Developer Sandbox, first introduced at I/O 2009, is a demo area where a wide range of developers who have built applications based on technologies and products are featured at I/O. Representing large and small companies, individual developers, and a diverse collection of apps, these developers will be participating in the Sandbox to demo their applications, answer questions, and exchange ideas.