Today we're just going to cover the items you can snag from a small section of content in Mists. Truth be told there's a ton of options for you while you're gearing up and leveling. Everything from crafting to world drops, there's quite a large selection and that's something to be excited about, and we'll be covering them all up to and through the release of mists.
Outside of questing, dungeons and heroics are going to to be the first place you really start to pick up any solid semblance of a gear set. The good news is, that in Mists, there's quite a number of items to look forward to in the various dungeons.
- Neverdare Shoulders are a very good looking set of shoulders that give us our wanted spirit, come packed with a healthy dose of haste and in their heroic form give us a red gem slot. They're perfectly itemized for restoration shaman, and they do drop from the Shado-Pan Monastery.
- Cloak of Hidden Flasks is an item that you can obtain pretty easily in your early heroic dungeon romps. All you have to do is defeat a very angry rabbit in the Stormstout Brewery. The cool thing about this cloak is that not only does it give you spirit and mastery, but look at the on use effect. Clicking it gives you an additional 1,000 spirit for an hour and counts as a battle and guardian elixir. Pretty cool if you ask me.
- Cape of Entanglement doesn't offer quite the fun on use effect as before, and it lacks spirit, but it is still a very nice cloak with crit and haste that you can pick up in the Temple of the Jade Serpent.
- Uncasked Chestguard drops from the Stormstout Brewery, and will give you a good chunk of spirit and haste.
- Shadow Puppet Bracers are a Scholomance drop from Instructor Chillhear, and it gives you spirit and mastery.
- Bradbury's Entropic Legguards are sadly not a kilt, but do afford you spirit, mastery and a yellow gem socket. This also drops in the Scarlet Halls.
- Airbender Sandals don't actually look like sandals, but these mis-named booties will net you spirit, haste and a red gem slot. You can also get these in the Siege of Niuzao Temple.
- Blastwalker footguards trade in the spirit for crit and mastery, but retain the red socket bonus. These can be found in the Shado-Pan Monastery.
- Viscous Ring gives you spirit and haste, and can be found in the Gate of the Setting Sun on Commander Ri'mok.
- Beastbinder Ring is a spirit-crit piece that is found in the Scarlet Halls.
Main Hand Off Hand
- Price of Progress is possibly one of my favorite trinkets in the new set, it gives you a healthy does of int and has a chance to restore mana when you heal. With Glyph of Riptide in play, I say this is a must have. You can find this in the new Scholo.
- Vial of Ichorous Blood is an int trinket that lets you increase your spirit by 4,241 for 20 seconds. It only has a 2 minutes coolodwn, so you can get quite a bit of mielage out of this trinket. This comes from the Siege of Niuzao Temple.
- Empty Fruit Barrel is a spirit trinket that has a chance to grant you 3,386 int for 10 seconds whenever you use a healing spell, this drops off of Ook-Ook in the Stormstough Brewery.
List in review
- Metanoia Shield is a spirit-mastery shield that will drop in the new scholo. Though the death's head theme doesn't play well with the rest of the dungeon set, there's always transmog.
- Shield of the Protectorate is a spirit-haste shield that drops off of Raigonn in the gate of the setting sun, and does in fact match the aestetic look of the dungeon gear.
Looking at the list, there are some areas where the dungeons could be a little more generous, like the main hand department. I did however try to stick to ones that were very obviously healer oriented, or better itemized for shaman. I also tended to gravitate towards spirit pieces, and tried not to include too many that didn't have any on them, but if you are so inclined there are plenty of DPS minded pieces you can try to nab. There's still a plethora of very good gear to be had in the dungeons strewn about Mists
. I was actually surprised to see such awesome trinkets to be quite honest. While this list only included dungeon drops, there are numerous BoE world drops and crafted items that we'll get into next time. I don't know about you, but I'm quite excited to get leveling and get my hands on this awesome dungeon gear.
Totem Talk: Restoration lends you advice on healing groups, DK tanks and heroics and mana concerns in today's endgame -- or take a break and look back at the rise of the resto shaman. Happy healing, and may your mana be plentiful!