PLAYSTATION®NETWORK ANNOUNCES 'PSN DAY 1 DIGITAL' PROGRAM, OFFERS FULL DIGITAL GAME PURCHASES ON RELEASE DAY
September 25, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced a new digital content program called "PSN Day 1 Digital," offering gamers the ability to download upcoming titles through PlayStation®Network on the same day they become available at retail.
Beginning October 2, owners of the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system will have access to brand new titles in the 'PSN Day 1 Digital' category in the PlayStation®Store, and beginning today, PS3 owners can pre-order select titles ahead of their release date. Additionally, select titles will be offered at a 10% discount to PlayStation Plus members.
The "PSN Day 1 Digital" program will offer day and date release with retail availability for the following PS3 titles:
· Resident Evil 6 (Available for download on October 2 - $59.99)
· NBA 2K13 (Available for download on October 2 - $59.99/$53.99 for PLUS members, with pre-order)*
· Dishonored (Available for download on October 9 - $59.99/$53.99 for PLUS members, with pre-order)*
· DOOM 3: BFG Edition (Available for download on October 16 - $39.99/$35.99 for PLUS members, with pre-order)*
· 007: Legends (Available for download on October 16 - $59.99)+
· Medal Of Honor: Warfighter (Available for download on October 23 - $59.99)
· Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Available for download on October 30 - $59.99/$53.99 for PLUS members, with pre-order)*
· Assassin's Creed III (Available for download on October 30 - $59.99)*
"PSN gamers have been ecstatic with recent day-and-date digital launches of AAA games like Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2. Our upcoming 'PSN Day 1 Digital' lineup in October is exceptional and demonstrates our commitment to delivering the best games to the devoted PlayStation community as soon as they're available," said Jack Buser, Senior Director, PlayStation Digital Platforms, SCEA. "Additionally, with our new PlayStation 3 models on the horizon offering up to 500GB of storage, there's never been a better time to experience PS3 games digitally through PSN."
For more information about PlayStation Network and the "PSN Day 1 Digital" program, please visit the PlayStation.Blog.
"PlayStation" and "PS3" are trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
* Available for pre-order
+ 10% discount for PS Plus members during first week of availability