Here's the low-down on ilvls in tier 14:
- 450: Crafted PvP gear like the Contender's Silk set.
- 458: Justice points and honor points (Dreadful Gladiator's) gear.
- 463: Heroic 5-man dungeons.
- 476: LFR loot and crafted PvE epic gear
- 483: Conquest points gear (Malevolent Gladiator's).
- 489: Mogu'shan Vaults normal modes.
- 496: Galleon's loot table, Heart of Fear normal modes, and Terrace of Endless Springs normal modes.
- 502: Mogu'shan Vaults heroic modes.
- 509: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring heroic modes.
Instead of listing by faction, I will list this by slot, then by ilvl, then alphabetically. Some people are luckier than others in drops, so different people may very well have different slot priorities. I also don't wish to waste time reordering things to meet each reader's personal stat weights.
I've also included a few crafted pieces that are reputation-free, but due to materials may be considered grinds or "dailies" themselves. There are some 496-ilvl crafted items whose patterns have shown up on the Black Market Auction House, but they require materials you get from disenchanting raid epics, so I'm going to skip those for now.
Remember, if you lose your way about which faction where, lore and warrior columnist Matthew Rossi wrote a quick guide to the Pandarian quartermasters
.HeadNeckShouldersBackChestWristsHandsWaistLegsFeetFingersTrinketsDaggers, Wands, or 1H SwordsOff-handsStavesWorld bosses
I know this isn't a faction, but the world bosses have some great loot should you score a spot with 39 other people to kill one. You don't even have to be level 90 to kill a world boss. My first Sha of Anger kill had half 90s and half 88-89s. Sure, it took over 10 minutes, but we got it done.
If you're in a raiding guild like me, chances are you can even start your weekly raids off with a Sha of Anger kill, since Mogu'shan Vaults is in northern Kun-Lai Summit. If you're not in a raiding guild, your chances are still good to ride along with a raid that's forming up for Sha. Even my 25man raid has 15 spots for people around us to get ninja-invited.
There's three things to remember about loot from world bosses:
Sha of Anger
- It's LFR-style loot. You get one chance at loot per week, though you can kill him several times if you wish. Loot is not divvied out by the raid leader, but you automatically loot a cool item or a bunch of gold. You also get a toast telling you what you won.
- Bonus rolls can happen, so turn in your Lesser Charms every week!
- Cross-realm raids for Galleon/Salyis's Warband will not award you loot unless you are from the host realm (that is, the raid leader is from your realm).
- I'm not sure if Galleon's CRZ hotfix also applies to Sha of Anger. Perhaps commenters can help me out?
: When you kill the Sha for the first time, remember to personally loot his corpse for the quest item Claw of Anger
. You'll have to fly to the Shado-Pan Garrison in Townlong Steppes to receive ilvl 476 hit/haste boots
. The chance of gear you'll loot automatically includes:Galleon, aka Salyis's Warband
: Galleon rewards 496-ilvl non-tier loot. That's equivalent with loot that drops in raids that aren't open until the eve of Halloween, by the way.
Blood Pact is a weekly column detailing DOTs, demons and all the dastardly deeds done by warlocks. We'll coach you in the fine art of staying alive, help pick the best target for Dark Intent, and steer you through tier 13 set bonuses.