Mimic with a twist
There are a few caveats with this particular set. First, one of the items included in the set is a leather chestpiece that is only available to rogues. Second and more importantly, the helm that Krainz used to create this look is a heroic item from Mogu'shan Vaults -- which means you have to be pretty seriously into raiding if you're looking for the helm. Given those limitations, let's take a look at the full outfit, and where to get it.
- Head The helm for this outfit is the Crown of Opportunistic Strikes. It drops from the final boss in Mogu'shan Vaults. However, for the exact color match, you'll want the heroic version of this helm -- which is slightly difficult to get to at this point in the expansion. But until you get your hands on it, you can always work on getting the other pieces together!
- Shoulders The Ravenwing Pauldrons are a recolor of Wildheart Raiment, the original druid dungeon set. Unlike Wildheart, the Ravenwing Pauldrons don't have any sort of class requirement. You can find these in Old Hillsbrad Foothills, they drop from Lieutenant Drake -- but only in normal mode. No heroic necessary!
- Chest The chestpiece for this set is the Heroes' Bonescythe Breastplate. This can be obtained with a Chestguard of the Lost Vanquisher token from Gluth in Naxxramas, 10 man normal mode. 10 man Naxxramas should be fairly easy for any class to solo at this point -- and as of patch 5.1, you won't need a raid group to enter, either. This is a rogue-only chestpiece, which limits this set, but the color variation works perfectly with the look.
- Shirt Pick up a Common Gray Shirt for this look, available from a variety of clothiers in major cities for a paltry few silver.
- Back For the cloak, head to Stratholme and snag the Cape of the Black Baron from Lord Aurius Rivendare.
- Wrists Bracers don't need to be transmogrified for this look. The gloves will cover them entirely.
- Hands The gloves for this set are easy enough to obtain. You're looking for the Blessed Hands of Elune, which can be purchased for 1,650 justice points in either Orgrimmar or Stormwind.
- Waist The belt for this outfit drops in Naxxramas as well -- however, it's only available in normal 25 mode. The Belt of Potent Chanting can be found on either Gluth or Noth the Plaguebringer in 25 normal mode. 25 man is slightly more difficult to solo, so you may want to bring a friend along while farming for this piece.
- Legs For the legs, you'll be taking a trip back to the Hour of Twilight. The Leggings of Blinding Speed drop from Asira Dawnslayer in the level 85 heroic instance. I would suggest taking a friend along on this trip as well -- the old instances are still no joke, unless you happen to be particularly skilled at soloing, or wanting an extra challenge.
- Feet While you're in 10 man normal Naxxramas looking for the chestpiece, keep an eye out for Boots of the Worshiper as well. These boots can be found on Grand Widow Faerlina as well as Gluth. Remember, there is a coloration difference between 10 and 25 man, so make sure you're in the right mode when you're looking for these raid items.
- Weapon While we don't have access to Maiev's glaives, there's a fist weapon that is a pretty close approximation. Look for the Razorwind Knuckles and use those to complete the look.
While this is not a precise duplicate of Maiev's gear, and it lacks the signature cloak that really defines Maiev's look, this is still a really great approximation of a Watcher's uniform. And it's really amazing how well the different color variations from completely different gear sets work together and blend into a cohesive whole. It may not be Maiev, but this look should satisfy anyone who'd like to come as close to her outfit as possible. Thanks again to Krainz for the email!
Patch 4.3 lets you transmogrify your gear to look like any other gear your class can wear -- but you have to collect it first. Check out our coverage of transmogrification and start running those old dungeons!