Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
With the first day of the new year falling on a Sunday, it's a great day to organize whatever resolutions you've made. Here are a few apps to get started with. Get more organized I'm spending...
AllThingsD has an interesting story on their site about the Newton and a few specifics on the end of its short life. At the 1997 Worldwide Developer Conference (held the year Steve returned to...
Just as soon as the show floor opened at this year's Macworld | iWorld 2012 in San Francisco, we grabbed a camera and did a run through the exhibitions on display. You can see all of the various...
As we bid goodbye to this January 9, amidst the CES chaos, we pause to remember. It was five years ago today that Steve Jobs announced the very first iPhone, at the annual Macworld keynote, and...
Apple spokesperson Steve Dowling spoke to Bloomberg's Business Week and confirmed the company purchased Anobit, an Israeli-based flash memory firm. Israeli newspaper Calcalist broke the story in...
Also of interest:
- "Ask Different" welcomes your Apple questions
- Target confirms it'll open Apple shops in 25 locations
- Apple publishes Supplier Responsibility Progress Report
- The MacBook Air turns four years old today
- Apple to bring interactive textbooks to the iPad with iBooks 2 (Updated)
- iBooks Author makes its debut today for creating ebooks (Updated)
- Three new apps support console games from iOS
- Apple Store almost worth as much as the White House
- iPod line experiences major decline year-over-year
- Macworld | iWorld attendance steady in 2012; many newbies in the crowd
- New Flaming Lips song features Siri on vocals
- Siri guest stars on CBS's Big Bang Theory
- Siri VC Morgenthaler weighs in on iPhone 4S bandwidth badmouthing (Updated)
- Steve Jobs kept letter from Bill Gates on his nightstand