- Tesla Model S test drives: Get a chance to get behind the wheel of Motor Trend's 2013 Car of the Year, the Tesla Model S! You'll be able to check out the all-electric sedan in action, and a number of lucky attendees can even experience the drive for themselves right from the Fort Mason parking lot.
- Big reveals: What's a technology showcase without some new announcements? Our friends at Lenovo are going to unveil things to the world that you won't want to miss. Some of our other speakers, like Bob Heddle from Microsoft's Kinect for Windows, might even have a few surprises up their sleeves too...
- DJ Spooky set: How about some lunch with a side of hip-hop turntablism? Join us Sunday from 12:30 to 2pm for a special set from DJ Spooky, followed by a fireside chat with our own Brian Heater.
- Storm Chasing truck: Why not an enormous radar-mounted Doppler on Wheels behemoth in the fort Mason parking lot? Maintained by the Center for Severe Weather Research, this tornado-chasing beast features instrumentation from Lenovo and has appeared on the Discovery Channel's Storm Chasers. CSWR leads Josh Wurman and Karen Kosiba will be on hand to conduct tours of the vehicle and discuss their research on some of our planet's most terrifying (and terrifyingly awesome) weather phenomena.
- Giveaways galore: We'll be giving a metric ton of stuff away on stage including Lenovo Thinkpads, a Chromebook Pixel, a Nokia 920 and much much more. Plus, a number of sponsors will be giving away additional items from their booths -- visit them and don't miss out!
- Indie Corner: We're celebrating makers and inventors with great projects at the pre-crowdfunding stage in our Insert Coin competition, and also showcasing some of the most promising young hardware companies on the show floor in our Indie Corner section. Our friends at Indiegogo have also brought along some noteworthy successful crowdfunded projects to boot.
And of course that's not all -- we'll also have laser engravers, airplane seats, a Make mini-store, MIDI guitars, exclusive surprises from our friends at CASIS, drone demos and even a kiddie pool (don't ask...). How many wonders can one cavern hold?!
See you at Expand!
P.S. Looking for transportation information? Check out the shuttle schedules right up top in the agenda.