Your iPhone isn't surrounded by plastic or wood, meaning that you have unfettered access to all ports and buttons at all times. So how does the phone stay in the Portenzo case? Simple -- there's a nanosuction GripPad (replaceable) on one side. Just align your iPhone and slap it onto the super-sticky material, and it is held in place. Need to remove your phone? No problem -- just give it a good tug and it comes off, leaving no residue.
The Alano SLIM's wallet has two main pockets into which you can slide a couple of IDs, credit cards, and maybe even some cash. On the other hand, the HardBack wallet uses a "expandable folder" type of construction that can hold much more -- although you really don't want to overload it.
Now, about those add-ons that are noted with the pricing. Portenzo uses a "build your own" model for these case/wallets, so the base price of the Alano SLIM cases does not include the wallet bits (that's an additional $20). The HardBack has two possible add-ons; the $20 wallet parts and the $4.95 Intellistand. That means that a decked-out Alano SLIM can cost as much as $84.90, while a fully-loaded HardBack checks in at $54.85.
How do they look? Well, we received a "US Passport" model Alano Slim with all the trimmings and a Dark Blue HardBack with the Intellistand and wallet. Take a look at the images (I just placed the iPhone 5 on top of the GripPad instead of removing it) and you can see the amount of love put into the construction of the cases.
Portenzo's Alano SLIM and HardBack cases are well-built and beautiful, although somewhat pricy -- especially for the Alano SLIM.
- Unique designs, especially for the Alano SLIM line
- Quality construction
- Easy to remove and re-install the iPhone
- HardBack's Intellistand works well to hold the iPhone in a landscape orientation
- HardBack's wallet expands to hold a lot of cards and cash
- Alano SLIM is quite pricy once the wallet feature is added on
Who is it for?
- The person who wants to ditch the wallet and do it in style
Now it's your turn to have a chance to win one of these two cases. Note that the review cases are compatible with the iPhone 5 and 5c; the model for the iPhone 5s might need a slightly larger camera cutout on the back to house the True Tone flash.
Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before September 20, 2013 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected. One will receive a Portenzo Alano SLIM wallet case valued at $84.90, while the other gets a Portenzo HardBack wallet case valued at $54.85
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.