Are you looking for more Borderlands? In that bizarre style you couldn't get enough of after going through all that content available in Borderlands 2? You've come to the right place, my friend. Handsome Jack has an adventure for you!
- IGN (80/100): "The new gear and low-gravity mechanics mixed with the zany skill trees makes for a fresh experience, and with Jack at the center driving the story forward, you get a deeper dive into the always entertaining, if well-traveled universe of Borderlands."
- PC Gamer (77/100): "The Pre-Sequel is a happy to be Just Another Borderlands Game. I enjoyed it for that, but I also finished it thinking my time would've been better spent on one of the more original games that've released this year."
- Gamespot (70/100): "Jack shined in Borderlands 2; he was antagonizing, sarcastic, and possessed of an evil that inspired awe. This particular narrative, however, treats his nuances and personality quirks as a checklist, with every line explaining his hatred of bandits or his distaste for claptraps promptly scratched off because it must be."
- Destructoid (60/100): "Some of the cool new features like multi-leveled areas and combining weapons could have been enhanced further if the user interface and systems had been updated to play to those strengths. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is a solid entry to the series, but I hope that the development team takes some of the failings to heart and delivers excellence in the future."
- USGamer (2.5/5): " If you're looking for anything measurably different than your prior experiences with the series, though, The Pre-Sequel won't satisfy. "