When Apple announced the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, one of the major selling points of the device was the powerful new A8 processor, which boosted CPU performance by 25 percent from previous generations. To showcase how powerful the chip is, Apple brought out Super Evil MegaCorp co-founder Stephan Vainglory. Utilizing Apple's new Metal platform, the game demo showed 100 fully animated characters interacting at once. It was an impressive demo to say the least.
You can watch gameplay footage in the video below to get a grasp on just how advanced these graphics look. It's stunning on a basic aesthetic level, but when you factor in the technical achievement required to pull off the massive number of players it can access at once, the game becomes even more impressive.
You can find the title in the iTunes store as a free download right now, although there are in-app purchases that can bring the cost of Vainglory up to $19.99. Continue reading after the video for a list of gameplay features.
- FREE TO PLAY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT.
- Dive into a complete MOBA by developers formerly at Riot & Blizzard.
- Immerse yourself in a stunning world with ultra-high fidelity graphics.
- Play with precision controls that amplify your skill.
- Blaze through fast-paced, 20-minute matches.
- Explore immense variety and flexibility in item builds for each hero.
- True laning, ganking/objective-taking and teamfighting phases.
- New heroes and features coming regularly!
= POWERED BY THE E.V.I.L. ENGINE =
- 60 frames per second!
- Sub-30ms control responsiveness
- 1.3 million polygons in the game map
= WORKS ON THE FOLLOWING DEVICES =
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Needs iOS 8.0 or later