On this special all Samsung edition of the Engadget Podcast host Terrence O'Brien is joined by executive editor Dana Wollman and senior editor Chris Velazco. First all three will debate some of the most burning questions surrounding South Korea's biggest phone manufacturer. Should Samsung be using resources to build yet another virtual assistant? Is there anyone who wants to use their phone as a desktop? And, most importantly, can the Galaxy S8 save Samsung from itself? Then Chris Velazco will paint a picture of the event on the ground, before the crew dives deep on the finer point of the S8's design, interface and audio pedigree.
Then, on The Wind Down, we discover that Dana failed to do her homework and Chris is contemplating picking up Dungeons & Dragons.
- Samsung's 'unbox your phone' event gave us a phone that's still a box
- Every Galaxy S8 comes with a pair of $99 AKG earbuds
- The Galaxy S8 and S8+ pack big changes into gorgeous bodies
- Samsung squeezed a smart home hub into a WiFi router
- Does anyone actually want to use a phone as a desktop?
- The Galaxy S8 can double as a pretend desktop
- Samsung's Bixby AI assistant can see as well as talk
- Live from Samsung's Galaxy S8 event!
The Wind Down:The Engadget Podcast page in audio, video and text form for the hearing impaired.