All of our fears around facial recognition technology are coming true thanks to a little known startup called ClearView AI. This week, Devindra and Cherlynn dive into how ClearView works, and what unchecked access to powerful facial recognition means for the future of privacy. (It's good for cops, not so much everybody else!) Also, managing editor Terrence O'Brien joins to break down how Billy Eilish recorded a Grammy-winning album in a spare bedroom. It's yet another milestone for DIY home audio production.
Listen below, or subscribe on your podcast app of choice. If you've got suggestions or topics you'd like covered on the show, be sure to email us or drop a note in the comments! And be sure to check out our other podcasts, the Morning After and Engadget News!
- The secretive company that might end privacy as we know it
- Billie Eilish proved anyone can access Grammy-winning gear
- What to buy if you want to start producing music at home
- Avast has been selling user data left and right
- Facebook's oversight board will hear cases this summer
- Health record company Practice Fusion pushed opioids on patients
Hosts: Devindra Hardawar and Cherlynn Low
Producer: Ben Ellman
Music: Dale North and Terrence O'Brien