Hologram Electronics Microcosm
The Microcosm is basically a one stop ambience shop. It can turn almost any incoming sound into a gorgeous soundscape. But it can also be a rhythmic glitch machine, a top-notch loop pedal or even a fairly straightforward delay. It’s more than just a one-trick pony, which is important because the $449 price is a bit steep.
- Can make almost anything sound gorgeous
- Excels at ambient pads and drones
- Wide variety of effects from glitchy to spacey
- The looper alone is almost worth the price
- Variety of controls can be daunting