The new Surface Pro is more viable as a laptop replacement, but it hasn't made much progress as a standalone tablet. Ultimately, it's at its best in laptop mode, but it's still not always as comfortable to use as a proper Ultrabook.Read Full Review
- Attractive, well-built hardware
- Great display
- Fast performance, improved battery life
- More comfortable to use in the lap
- Still heavy as a standalone tablet
- Typing experience hasn't improved much
Overall, the Surface Pro 2 comes across as another device being taken through the yearly refresh process. It's received some reactive, though not unwelcome, updates to keep up with the completion. It's a solid device, but so was the Surface Pro.