id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead told WorthPlaying.com that the next gen Wolfenstein will use the Xbox 360 as its "primary development platform", while Enemy Territory: Quake Wars will launch on the PC first. The two highly anticipated shooters will eventually be available on both platforms.
Hollenshead also talked about the rising costs of game development, the next QuakeCon, and why Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson won't be directing any id games in the near future. However, Todd might want to consider them for the Wolfenstein movie he wants to make. The interview refers to the "success of the DOOM movie", but they must have forgotten it only grossed $54 million worldwide (a $6 million loss, pre-DVD sales).
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03