The $200 million will be spent over the next year and is the largest advertising campaign in Nintendo's history. You can expect to see Wii commercials starting this week. The message will focus on Wii being family-friendly and easy to use, but the main demographic being targeted is adults. 80 percent of the budget will be spent convincing adults to purchase the system and shaking off Nintendo's traditional consumer perception of being for children and teens.
Hardcore gamers can debate which system is greater till pigs fly, the cow come home and hell freezes over. $200 million is a lot of money to spend on an advertising campaign. Nintendo is pushing for the masses with an affordable gaming console. 2007 is going to be a very interesting year.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19