"We brought the Wii home and played it pretty much nonstop for the past 24 hours. At 12:10am, during a slower couch-sitting game of Wii Sports: Bowling, my Nintendo Wii got angry with me. My buddy Troy reels back to roll his ball as he's done about 300 times tonight and suddenly feels the controller slip from his hand. (THANK GOD for the wrist strap right?) Nope. Wrist strap snaps. The Wiimote flies across the room impaling my 60" rear projection TV square in the upper left corner. Be warned: Sweaty hands + faulty Wiimote wrist strap = broken ass TV."
He believes the incident may have only busted the outer glass, but it appears the man is TV-less at the moment. Any other reports of flying Wiimotes out there, either by faulty wrist straps or over-excited movements?
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19