GamePro investigates continued soft demand for PS3s months after its release. More interesting from the article, however, is this little allegation by one anonymous retailer concerning Nintendo's supply (or lack thereof) of Wiis: "I'm not going to deny that there's an amazing demand, but Nintendo's supply chain could be a little better," says the unnamed manager.
Pointing out the obvious, manufacturers don't like sitting inventory because it loses them money. But the observation that Nintendo might be a little slow to replenish supply in an effort to further swell demand isn't outlandish. They've got plenty of hype, so who's to say they couldn't exploit the situation a little to their advantage? And who would know when a large part -- if not all of the demand -- is legit?
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19