Excuse us for being wary of Rockstar's continued re-usage of old content for its PSP titles. Recycling is generally a valuable effort, but "Beaterator: Timba-Land Stories" isn't exactly the megaton announcement PSP owners seem to be waiting for. What Beaterator will bring to Sony's handheld this summer is a distinctly un-Rockstar (at least, the game company) like offering; and perhaps, with the addition of minigames and challenge modes backed by the proven excellence of Timbaland production, Beaterator can help PSP finally adopt the 'non-gaming gaming' reputation that DS has sold so well. But the seemingly-hip(-hop) factor could also backfire.
Battle of the bands: Beaterator or Jam Sessions?
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 71.4 x 169.4 x 18.6 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2008-10-15
Apple iPhone 6s
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)