Major Nelson writes in his latest post that some Xbox Live accounts may have already been compromised thanks to phonies phoning in and extracting sensitive information via the use of pretexting -- the invention of a scenario that fools the operator into divulging your precious data. "There's no other way to say it; this situation shouldn't have happened. Our customers deserve better." The Major promises that support staff will be better trained and be made aware of such "social engineering" attempts.
While the transparency is appreciated, it's alarming to think that Xbox Live security is succumbing to one of the oldest tricks in what's, by now, a rather pig-eared book.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03